• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Charlton 1-1 Tranmere

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
We're going to stay up

DIW

Player
Goodison
Well I reckon that's a bit of an overraction at this point, but there are some positive signs. Not least the tight defence and stating to pick up the odd point away from home. need to turn those into a couple of wins though and make sure we win at home.
Massive game next week. They all are at the moment!

Player
Liam Palmer
We're going to stay up

It's now a possibility, whereas three months ago it looked impossible.

Next four games all against relegation rivals. Keep playing the way we are, score a few more goals to take the pressure off the defence and stay clear of injuries and too many suspensions and then yes, I'll agree with that statement.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
We're going to stay up

I hope so mate, though there's a long way to go yet. Don't know anyone who was at the game, but the impression I get from the reports/stats is that it was very even and by no means a lucky point for Rovers. It sounds like Curran had a good chance to win it for us. Seems the subs were enforced rather than tactical. Couldn't tell if Bakayogo was unlucky to be sent off, only committed 2 fouls in the game and booked for both.

Other results could have gone better, late points for Orient and Exeter and a win for Wycombe. Thanks to Millwall for beating Brighton. Hoping now that Stockport can get at least a point from their midweek game v Oldham, so we'll have a chance to get out of the drop zone next weekend.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
This was a cracking result - well done to Les and the boys !

Seems a long time ago Charlton came and gave us (or rather Digger & Trigger!) a footballing lesson at Prenton Park.

Oldham game is a massive one and one I reckon for the first time in a while, we might be favourites for. They might bring a few so should be a decent atmosphere.

Can't wait for it now and its only Monday !

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
I haven't changed my mind :)

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Defensively, we haven't got a great deal to be worried about. We don't ship goals now. The lads up front need to start scoring however. Never-the-less, great result against Charlton and if we win our home games, we will get out of this mess!!

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Not wanting to get too het up on this, but I'm not liking the 'let's win our home games and we'll be ok' message that is coming from the players and staff. Yes, IF we do, we should survive in the division, but how about sorting out the away form?

A point at Charlton is a great start. Let's try building on that and get the away form better AS WELL as trying to win the home games. Games are still 90 minutes, played on same sized (roughly) pitch with same sized goals. Home and away, lets do it Rovers!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
There's a decent five and a half minutes of highlights on Tranmere Player for any subscribers. As well as Charlton's numerous chances, Rovers had their own decent amount too. Gornell, Curran, Moore and Goodison all coming very close to getting a second.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Is it worth me signing up to Player do you think? £offer is at £18. I watch the highlights off bbc website which are ok-ish, but miss the audio interviews and press conferences and stuff. Can't decide.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I like it.

You get full uninterrupted commentary (very useful for away games), decent insight when listening to the pre/post match conferences and of course match highlights.

Some of the highlights are the ones you'll see on TV, maybe slightly extended, but good to look back on.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
I may well invest! Cheers Ian, sorry for going slightly off topic!

The Charlton game should give the lads confidence that we can get points on the road. Just do it Rovers! This message is proudly sponsored by Nike :lol: