• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Chairman Pete back at Rovers?

Player
Jimmy Harvey
Just a quicky dont think anyone else has mentioned the article in the Daily Post that said Johnson is back next season as our chairman. Just wondered what people thought about this. Personally I think he should never have left, god only knows were we would be as a club now had he stayed and invested some money. Obviously he left under a cloud, however I remember watching Rovers in the real dark days, he came in and single handedly saved the club from extinction, we were 3 games away from the premiership had international stars at the club, I for one am pleased he is back..................as long as he is going to move the club as he did all those years ago.

Player
Goodison
I've heard a few people who know people on the board saying that too, he certainly watches a lot more games then he used to. I suppose he might make us more ambitious with contract lenghts etc, but its investment we really need, just 2 or 3 quality players. (Striker, Left winger, Creative Midfielder)

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yeah, he'll be back at the helm but I honestly dont think anything will change. Hasn't he always been hanging around behind the scenes with Lorraine in charge anyway?

Player
Liam Palmer
Yeah, he'll be back at the helm but I honestly dont think anything will change. Hasn't he always been hanging around behind the scenes with Lorraine in charge anyway?

Yes, he's very much still there and as far as I know him and his family have majority ownership of the club. I think it's just Lorraine that wants to sell her shares at present.