• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Chairboys v Rovers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
The trip to Wycombe looks like a 6-pointer, even at this early stage of the season. 2 sides who have tightened their belts and are struggling. They do have the advantage over us of an experienced boss in Peter Taylor. Think I'd stick with the side that started v Colchester, not necessarily our strongest, but they battled well. We need at least a draw here, not sure we'll get it.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Barnes doesnt believe these games are 3 pointers yet, but we'll see about that. There is a chance in this game if we play like we did yesterday. Barnes did change things round and we got a point. Let's keep it direct and not play this fancy passing game that clearer isnt going to work.

If they play direct and the players work hard, they can get something out of the game. It would also be a milestone if we kept a clean sheet. Something they haven't achieved in the league this season!

Come on whites!! [-o<

evo_trfc

We really should beat wycombe, They have to be one of the poorest teams in our league, I'd settle for a draw as its away from home,

The most annoying thing for me is that we have a mid table squad but are performing like relegation certs! That is down to the manager and not the players! Realistically 12-16 is where we should end up!

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
The most annoying thing for me is that we have a mid table squad but are performing like relegation certs! That is down to the manager and not the players!

I share this view. Our squad is not as strong as it was last year, but we're not suddenly the worst team in the league as our form under Barnes suggests. Hard then, to point the finger at anyone else.

I would take a draw away from home here. I'd take a point away from home anywhere on the assumption that we should be pushing to win our home games. We'll see...

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Another game so soon! Blimey! Think and fast as they say, and it's Bury away next midweek!

Wycombe appear to be one of the poorest teams, sounds like bad news as we always do badly against those sorts of team! With or without Barnes at the helm.

Peter Taylor is a good, experienced manager and I believe they have some youngster on loan from Leicester who scored on Saturday who could be real threat to our defence.

I'd love to have the faith but I really can't see us picking up anything here. Would love for the boys to prove me wrong!

yozzer31

Player
Aldo
Hi folks.

I am feeling really confident that the long journey down there to support the lads will be worthwhile and we will come away with three well-earned points; so leap-frogging them. As M People sang, we will be "Moving on Up" tomorrow night !!!

Keep The Faith.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Enjoy the game yozzer31 and have a safe journey! A match report would be most appreciated ;)

Player
Jimmy Harvey
Heard Barnes talking more tosh on the radio this morning about we cant beat Leeds and Charlton but we might beat some teams but some other teams we may score against and others we will concede against but some teams we will score and concede against...........think he thinks Wycombe fit into that bracket. I is going for a 1-1 draw dont think there up to much but to be honest neither are we. We still lack that leader on the pitch.........its time for someone to search for the hero inside themselves.........( another m people reference) ;-)

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Let's just hope it wont be a sight for sore eyes!! (sorry, enough m people references).. :shock:

Barnes has no injury worries ahead of the game, well apart from long term absentee Savage, so lets hope he makes the most of what he's got.

I have a horrible feeling this will be a bore draw with both sides scrapping it out with rain lashing in on all four sides for 90 mins. But let's be positive and a win would give us four points out of the last two games.

Then we'll be moving on up!! :oops:

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Same team as on saturday i will go for draw but we really need a win if we are to have a hope of being in touch with safety place.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
well what a much needed win that was and a clean sheet as well. Report on the radio said we worked really hard and wernt often in trouble daniels only has a couple of difficult saves to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.