• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Carlisle 3 Tranmere 0

Player
Jimmy Harvey
Spineless, clueless, tacticless b*llockless performance. I said the other day that Barnes was tactically retarded but I think I may have been selling him short. He is a dead man walking and I am sorry but there is no light at the end of the tunnel and in my opinion it may be too late even if we get a new manager in. The problem is Barnes has created an inept team of over the hill journey men. Mahon, Mclaren, Ricketts, Broomes, Goodison, Thomas Moore are all the wrong side of thirty and then we have the other extreme with the rest of the squad being made up of kids! Where are the players in the prime of their careers? Paul Daniels couldnt work magic with this bunch of no hopers. We will go down this season the only plus side being it will take us out of the spotlight. Pjs stunt in appointing Barnes to raise the profile of the club has certainly worked we have gone from a respected league one club who didnt really recieve much media attention to a circus that is being mentioned on every football debate around the country. We are a joke and really only have ourselves to blame, those people who chanted Ronnie out last season and who felt pleased at his dismissal I hope your happy. I went the masters last night and came away feeling sad, I looked at the players who where on show and the level of passion they still showed to wear the white shirt. Barnes should have taken the whole squad to the echo arena last night and made them see what it means to have the honour of playing for this once great club!

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Aye, at least Ian Goodison was there though, so maybe it rubbed off on him a bit :wink:

Player
Goodison
Aye, at least Ian Goodison was there though, so maybe it rubbed off on him a bit :wink:

Goodison seems to be the only player along with Thomas-Moore who cares about Tranmere at the moment.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Goodison seems to be the only player along with Thomas-Moore who cares about Tranmere at the moment.
From what I've heard, even Goodison has a lucklustre game on Saturday. And I'm not even sure he cares that much. Or maybe that's his laid back persona coming across. He's just a better player than most of them..

Player
Goodison
And I'm not even sure he cares that much. Or maybe that's his laid back persona coming across.

I think it's the latter, you can tell from his reaction when Dumb took him off against Franchise that he cares and wants to play. I remember reading an interview where Goodison says "If he dies, he dies on the pitch - he doesn't come off"