• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Cammel Lairds 1-2 Tranmere Rovers

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Apparently we played quite well 1st half with Ellison and Sheriff playing the best. It was Ellison's cross that was headed in by Mullin for the first and after being brought down for a penalty Ellison stepped up himself to tuck it away. The 2nd half saw the introduction of Taylor, Shuker and Mclaren but we looked a bit rusty 2nd half apparently and they pulled one back. Greenacre was unlucky on a couple of occasions too. Also my cousin said Peter Johnson walked past him on his own when my cousin was in the car. He must be taking more of an interest if he is going to Cammel Lairds!?!

The Rovers!

Player
Pat Nevin/Kenny Irons
Just got back from the match now. Ellision had a good game from the start and got a little tired in the last 20 mins (who could blame him). Sheriff played a blinder in my opinion, very fit guy who again lasted the full 90. The guy at number 4 (Trialist) was about 6.5 and looked like he was about 34, he had a shakey 1st half but settled near the end. Im sure we may see him on Friday night. Greenacre came on and looked class. he had a few shots saved and looked hungry, just the fitness wasnt there yet. Another guy who impressed was Mullin, solid midfielder with good distrubution.

Jennings was poor :roll: He came on as a 2nd half sub and made the team look bad. I realy hope he doesnt play an active role next season , he isnt good enough. Just another 1 of Brians love childs #-o

Mt Johnson certainly was there with an absent Miss Rogers, i dont think this is much to read into, he is a football an after-all and lets hope he does take more of an active role, it cant be worse than the setup at the top already. Lorraine and her puppet Mick Horton.

Anyway, proffesional performance from the guys and definatley something to build on I occasionally go and watch Camel Lairds and there a good side. Id like them to do well next season after getting promoted last term.

Come on the whites!!!!!!! =D>

T

The Golden Aldo Era

I though we played well, the new guys looked fairly sharp considering and theyve obviously blended as a squad, unlike the previous years sides! Also it was good to see an old face there tonight, we parked rite next to him (big black Land Rover with some very nice black alloys!!)....... Ryan Taylor, who was looking very well and he said that hopefully he will be in contention this season for the 1st team with Chimbonda stating his ambitions to leave and having recovered from his 2nd broken bone! Greenacre looked fantastic and so did Ellison, Shuker has only been in pre-season for less than 3days so I wouldn't worry too much about his sharpness just yet, for some reason he reminds me of another old face ....Iain Hume! All things looking good wasn't impressed with Davies (again!! - thought he was hopeless on saturday) and Zola who couldn't score in a brothel! As for John Achterbung!! I really don't think we will be seeing much of him this season he could barley walk proparly and even by his own admission he isn't fit enough yet to even fully train, I have a feeling we may see very little of him and it may be the end of his career if the doctors advice actually sticks this time! (by the way just signed up so thought I'd post, will be many more to come. I have some good contacts at the club so I can shed light on most things happening in the world of the Rovers!)

The Rovers!

Player
Pat Nevin/Kenny Irons
Nice to have you on board!.

That Aside, Actho was training in the goal i was behind at half time and he was diving down in both corners fine. I didnt see a limp???

He has got a month to prove his fitness anyway. =D>

F

FinnSkin

The trialists name was apparently Gauthier.
I googled and found one from Ivory Coast (Akale Kama Gauthier or something...), a couple of canadian and a bunch of padded fake-footballers from NFL

Player
John Aldridge
Theres a French defender called Christiansen Gauthier, he's 197cm and has played for lesser known french sides Valence, Gueugnon and racing 92. Was this fella white or black? If he's white then it has to be him, if not i'll keep looking.

C

championship_here_we_come

Phantom of Prenton said:
Theres a French defender called Christiansen Gauthier, he's 197cm and has played for lesser known french sides Valence, Gueugnon and racing 92. Was this fella white or black? If he's white then it has to be him, if not i'll keep looking.

i think it is that guy you are talking about

Player
John Aldridge
I've just been reading the report on Ic wirral and they refer to him as chris gault, so thats solves the mystery of the trialist.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Nobody got any pics from the game? See the official site has a nice little offering on that front, makes a nice change!!!=D>

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

I was happy with the game onTuesday and I was impressed by Kev Ellsion looks like a great signing by Ronnie and Sheriff impresssed and I thought that Trailest played well 1st half but looked a bit unfit second, dont know if we should sign him or not give him a few more games but I dont think hes good enough.