• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

bury wow what the hell

Player
Mungy's Hairdresser
Off topic, our youth 6-0 down to Marine & my good mate who follows Marine home & away says they’ve been abysmal pre-season! What’s Parky doing I wonder?

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Off topic, our youth 6-0 down to Marine & my good mate who follows Marine home & away says they’ve been abysmal pre-season! What’s Parky doing I wonder?
I would not read anything into it.

We have just given four youngsters professional contracts, which suggests Parky is getting plenty right.

Player
Manager
John King
Their game at Accrington next week has now been suspended as well. Surely this can't go on much longer without an expulsion ?

Just to be clear, I hope Bury FC survives in some form and that Gigg Lane remains their home, but a spell in non-leaque football seems the only solution.

Player
Manager
John King
They are the most unprofessional and poorly worded statements from a club chairman I have ever read. I think we can all start making plans for August 24th......

Player
aldo
Bury now have 14 days to give the EFL the info they want or they will be kicked out of it . what a sorry mess they are in . i Realy feel for there fans . don,t care if we have some past history or what ever . when the likes of man u can spend 80 mill on 1 player and he is on 300k aweek . there should be a pot that the prem put into to help those small teams out . with out the football lg the prem will be screwed

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I do feel it for the fans but everyone connected with the club has to accept some responsibility for the mess they are in. I think a lot of them turned a blind eye to what was going on and it didn't seem to bother them when they were rubbing our faces in it at PP a few months ago.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I have some sympathy but more sympathy for Mansfield fans whose club's automatic promotion place was taken by a club who broke the rules.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Talk about burying your head in the sand! To be as deluded as to believe that he could get the club onto a sound footing PRIOR to selling beggars belief, bearing in mind that they have already run out of time, have no income streams and are right on the brink of extinction. If I was a Bury fan I'd even welcome an Oyston or a Bassini with open arms at the moment!

Player
Manager
John King
I hope they do survive, but if they don't learn from this episode as a club, they never will learn. I still think they should have been relegated or expelled from the League by now, not that I want the club itself to go out of existence. A few years in the National League might have given them some perspective.

From a selfish point of view, if the game on 24th August goes ahead, it gives us another good chance of an early three points.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
I followed an hour of the story playing out live on 5 Live while travelling down to the Wirral for last night's match. Interviews with the key protagonists who were then messaging the show querying other protagonists. The local MP said he had some interest from a potential buyer - Dale messaged the show asking to see it since neither he nor his lawyer are aware of any such interest - the MP said Dale had already seen and replied to the relevant email communication etc etc. It was thoroughly embarrassing to see dirty linen being laundered in such a public way.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Next Tuesday's game now called off and they will make a decision on ours early next week. I can't see that it will go ahead; if they get sorted it will be right on the wire later in the week. If it were to go ahead it would be perfect timing for us from a footballing sense.