• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Bury 2-1 John Barnes

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Bain was rubbish apparently.

I've seen him a few times and I'm undecided whether he's good or bad. He shows signs of pace and good strength which he showed at Bury too.

But you can just tell he's an amateur footballer. His first touch is generally like a baby elephant, his passing like it's a kidney stone and shooting... well he did have a shot on target at Gigg Lane as well as one which flew miles high and wide.

Having said that, ITM replaced him and didn't fare a great deal better so...

I think he's a rough diamond, but at 27, not sure how much more he could improve. There's potential there but he needs a lot of work, and with Barnes swanning about doing his TV appearances, doesn't look like he gets it at Prenton Park!

Is it that we just lack good strikers? No Ricketts at Bury as well, was that due to resting him or injury? And no sign of that Bakayogo who we've allegedly signed until January, the young French full-back. Who knows what's going on at Tranmere these days??? I've given up trying I think!