• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Brentford v Rovers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Tough trip to London coming up this weekend. Brentford in good form, with a convincing if flattering 5-0 win against Orient behind them. Rovers haven't got a great record at Griffin Park, I remember us losing here 2-0 August Bank weekend when Little was in charge, so the omens not good.

Selection dilemna for Les, does he recall Raven for Kay? I'm assuming McGurk for Akins is a given, but would stick with Kay. Also given the decent reserves showing highlighted by Lonerover, I would hope Tiryaki keeps a slot on the bench.

It would be good to get anything out of this one, but can't see it happening.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I am a bit more confident than Boz that we can get something on Saturday: Brentford are playing well, but so are we, and we have a full squad to choose from again. Still, the outcome will be interesting as I am sure Brentford will be near the top six at the end of the season.

Away from home, I think I would prefer Raven at right back to Kay, and I wouldn't be surprised if Labadie replaces Weir after his showing in the resrerves. It is a pity we can't accommodate Tyriaki in the starting eleven as he seems to be growing in confidence with every week.

Logic says that McGurk must come in for Akins, but given Les's apparent blind spot where Lucas is concerned I wouldn't be surprised if he keeps his place. Akins is still the one weak spot in the squad for me.

I am looking forward to what should be another decent game.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
i think raven & mcgurk will start but think brentford will just win 2 1

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Interesting to see such negativity after such a good start. Are Brentford that good? They beat Leyton Orient, like we did. But they lost to the Blades unlike us. And they lost in the League Cup to Hereford!

OK, they are above us in the league, but only because they beat Yeovil and Exeter while we were robbed at Notts County. It will be a tough game, but no worse than last Saturday or at Meadow Lane.

I have often been pessimistic over the past two years, but this current squad gives me a lot more confidence.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I agree BBTC. I think we'll do OK here. I'd be happy with a draw but with our new risky attitude, we might just sneak a 2-1 win. Fingers crossed!

lonerover

Player
Johnny Morrissey
I'm confident we can get something from this game. Think McGurk has to come back after his good couple of games at the start of the season.

I think the 4-4-2 worked well after Tiryaki came on Saturday and would like to see more of it.... Labadie would be unlucky to miss out again with three goals in three games now??

Have a real positive feel about this squad and the approach we are taking so far this season. Really think John McMahon is a big influence on this team, with some good signings and keeping the bulk of last season squad.

I'm gonna say we'll score and maybe sneak it 1-0, 2-1.

Player
Liam Palmer
Thing is, we just don't know how games are going to go. What we can say is that most games are going to be close and if we get our attitude right and get a bit of luck, we'll win. If we lose, I reckon it'll be tight. Bottom line is, we have a team/squad which can compete at this level, and if we can sneak enough tight games we'll do well.

The contrast with the last couple of seasons is incredible: this lot can do well.... a bit of confidence and a couple more good results can set us up nicely!

tea for two

Player
johnny morrissey
good win for the lads.another away win.keep up the good work les.:razz:

Status
Not open for further replies.