• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Brentford v Rovers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Another ground where Rovers haven't had a good track record, bit unlucky losing there last season, to a deflection, with Broomes coming close to a late equaliser.
Brentford beat us comfortably at Prenton Park, but didn't look that good, which is probably a reflection how on how bad Rovers played that day.

I assume, unless there are injuries, that Les will opt for the same XI as Peterborough. It would be good if Jennings was fit enough for the bench.

Prediction. Really hope we can get something out of this one, as going to the Yeovil game with two losses on the go will put the pressure on. A draw at best.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Of Saturday's side, the only change I would make would be to drop Akins and bring in Robinson. Given that he is one of our highest paid players, I don't see any point in leaving him on the bench for the remainder of the season, and we really need to see how he fares over ninety minutes.

Difficult to judge Brentford as they had a very poor run, but have recently changed managers and have been boosted by getting to Wembley in the JPT, but if we play as we did on Saturday, I fancy us to win. Let's hope we do.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Of Saturday's side, the only change I would make would be to drop Akins and bring in Robinson. Given that he is one of our highest paid players, I don't see any point in leaving him on the bench for the remainder of the season, and we really need to see how he fares over ninety minutes.
It sounded like things got worse when Akins was subbed on Saturday, albeit by Zoum not Robinson. In the games where Robbo's been involved, he clearly does not look 100% match-fit and my view is it would be better to persist with a workhorse like Akins for this game, where we'll be doing a lot of defending.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Akins clearly does better work defensively than Robinson. But we did well on Saturday by getting on to the front foot early, and adopting the attitude that attack is the best form of defence. At the start of the second half when we adopted the mentality of earlier in the season and sat back, we got into trouble.

With the form Lateef is in at present, I think a combination of he and Robinson on either flank could be very difficult for the opposition to deal with. I am not sure that Akins going off on Saturday affected us too negatively, and Robinson nearly pulled out an equaliser in the last minute.

drwhoman

BRENTFORD

Very sad if you are a Plymouth fan but I see they have gone into administration and have been docked ten points. This means they are now bottom and there are seven points between us and the fourth bottom club. A bit more of a cushion although I hope we do not need it. After the last couple of seasons, midtable would not be boring!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
After the last couple of seasons, midtable would not be boring!
Certainly not and a welcome relief. It would also help in cementing the fact that we are a better team this season.

I'd prefer Robinson to Akins as he's simply a better footballer, but not sure about his fitness to start a game.

Hope the lads treat this game like they did on Saturday. Play some football, look confident and there's every chance we can get a result. Maybe we'll get the run of the green and they score an own goal!

og in oz

1-1 for me, anything would do, i just want them confident going into the next few games, ready for easter

DIW

Player
Goodison
I would take a point of out this, as I think another defeat would be very damaging for confidence, which, although is up at the moment is still fairly fragile IMO.

However, given that we put in an excellent showing at Peterborough, we can definitely get something out of this game. Six points from this game and Saturdays puts us onto 43, edging ever closer to the safety of 50 points.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Jennings, Mahon and Broomes still unavailable. Weir and Robinson may make the starting XI. I thought Mahon has recovered from injury. He's injured again?!?

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I would take a point of out this, as I think another defeat would be very damaging for confidence, which, although is up at the moment is still fairly fragile IMO.

However, given that we put in an excellent showing at Peterborough, we can definitely get something out of this game. Six points from this game and Saturdays puts us onto 43, edging ever closer to the safety of 50 points.

As the league is tighter at both ends of the table than last season, I would put a figure nearer to 54 points as the safety mark.

Mahon was injured again the other week, more worrying is that Jennings shows no immediate signs of getting over the groin injury sustained in a meaningless behind closed doors friendly.

Unchanged line-up for Rovers tonight, fingers crossed for a good result.

Status
Not open for further replies.