• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Bradford vs. Tranmere (28.1.06)

• Thread starter Matthew The Rover
  • Start date
M

Matthew The Rover

Set to be an intresting and exciting game (I hope rather than think :lol: )

We should take a fair few, more than the cup I reckon, maybe 1000!

Anyway, my prediction is Bradford 0-1 Rovers. Think Robbo will score a free-kick and jump into the Rovers crowd because it was another 35-yarder and get sent off for a second yellow :lol:

Should be intresting though! Another case of us wanting to get our own back for what happened in the cup.

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
Considering we've only lost 1 away game in the last 5 and that was to Barnsley back at the beginning of December, current form would suggest that we'll get a result.

I hope that result will be a win. 1-0 will do!! :D

M

Matthew The Rover

We haven't lost away when me and one of my mates have been on the same coach but he's on coach 3 this time. Bad omen? Mind you, we did draw with Blackpool and win at Scunny when he didn't travel by coach/didn't travel.

Player
Morrisey
2-1 I think! I just can't see us winning and I think that giving us one goal is generous! It isn't going to happen this weekend!

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

Super_white_army said:
2-1 I think! I just can't see us winning and I think that giving us one goal is generous! It isn't going to happen this weekend!

Thats very negative attitude to take. Come on wheres your confidence? We have been shit most of the season i will agree with everyone but in my eyes we are playing much better and have started to go on a run but I know we are not scoring but that has to change at sometime and I have great belief in Facey and Greenacre

M

Matthew The Rover

We are doing well away from home! We were unlucky to lose at Bradford, the word "cheated" come to mind and if we hadn't lost that we would have lost one game in eight away from home I think!

Player
Morrisey
Super_white_army wrote:

Thats very negative attitude to take. Come on wheres your confidence?

Well there is no point in me bullshitting just to please every one. I think we will loose so I said that! I knoe it is negative, but that is how I feel we will play. IMHO BL is playing very cautious and negative tactics and that is rubbing off on the team!

M

Matthew The Rover

Negative tactics which got us a 4-1 win vs. Yeovil, 2-0 vs. Port Vale etc? Only 3 0-0 draws in a row doesn't mean we are playing negative!

Player
Morrisey
But there is negativity Matthew! drwing 0-0 and then changing from 4-3-3 to 4-4-2 is giving negative signals to the team. To me that suggests playing for a draw. 0-0 draws three times concecutively does tell me that we need to change something in attack. In our league position, with our potential we need to aim to win games! Against yeovil BL won the game from the bench with his tactics. That shows his quality. The only probelm now is that we know he is capable of winning a game in spectacular style!

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
Hopefully well nick a win but mroe likely it will be a draw.

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

Super_white_army said:
Super_white_army wrote:

Thats very negative attitude to take. Come on wheres your confidence?

Well there is no point in me bullshitting just to please every one. I think we will loose so I said that! I knoe it is negative, but that is how I feel we will play. IMHO BL is playing very cautious and negative tactics and that is rubbing off on the team!

Saying that, thats true fair point mate. He does my head in with these shitty tactics we dont need

Ally

Player
Aldo
I have a horrible, knotted-up feeling in the depths of my bowels that we are going to get hammered. I don't know why, maybe something to do with Windass staying at Valley Parade, getting a great reception from the fans, then scoring a hat trick. Bastard.

Somebody please fill me with optimism.

Also, if we lose, we're back in serious league table trouble again. :roll:

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
We need a win soon... we can't really afford to draw this if we want to keep away from trouble. I think Brian will go for the win but am not sure we will get it. My prediction...

1-1

A

AndyRoo16

Little must know the fans are desperate for a win...
hopefully he will play a 4-3-3..
and maybee even Aiston will start... :) (we can all pray)
if we come out more attacking as i think we will i fancy us for the result...
a nice 2-0 scoreline :D
Greenacre and Aiston
and its my birthday!!! :D
so a win will occur!!!

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
AndyRoo16 said:
and its my birthday!!! :D

Happy Birthday Mate!!! Let's hope football wise it will be a good one =D> =D> =D>

M

Matthew The Rover

Just done my match preview and found some intresting stats:

Bradford Last 6 Home Games: LLLWDD
Tranmere Last 6 Away Games: WLDDWD

However, those two Bradford draws were against tough opponents in Swansea and Brenford and one of the defeats was in Extra time to Barnsley.

Tranmere have failed to beat Bradford in their last four attempts

Two at Prenton Park and two at Valley Parade. Two defeats for Rovers (one at each ground) and two draws (two at each ground obviously!). The defeats were the controversial 2-1 in the cup and the gripping 5-4 at Prenton Park last season.

Chris Greenacre has scored in both meetings between the two sides this season

Long may that continue too!

Rovers haven't conceeded an away goal in the league for 270 minutes (three games exactly) and have lost just one of six games since the cup defeat to Bradford

Unfortunatly though, that was in Yorkshire to Barnsley so hopefully we will not be defeated again in Yorkshire, 2-1 again (intrestingly enough our last three games in Yorkshire sides have finished 2-1 to one side)

M

mikeo32

My first away game this season, money has been such a pain in the ass since starting college! Am hoping for a good score for this one, never been to Bradford's ground hope us whites give a good atmosphere!!!

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

Yeah im not prdicting I hate it because you never know how a game is going to go!! But if we start with a 4-3-3 we can win it that is if Goodison is off the pitch that is

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
We may not have conceeded in 270 minutes (3 games) but we also havent scored in 270 minutes (3 games)!! I expect those two stats will go on Saturday although i'm more confident that our not having conceeded stat will go. Sorry to be pessimistic!! :( :D

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I'm going and also confident of a result. We need to score soon, plus we need to put this Bradford bogey thing to bed!

Come on lads, don't let us down!

1-0 :D