• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Bournemouth v Rovers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
So Les is still in charge and we set off for the south coast, where we've already lost 5-3 this season. The Cherries also strolled to a 0-3 win at PP early on, but have become a bit nervy of late and have an inexperienced man at the helm in Lee Bradbury. So what happens next?

Before the last two games, I'd have thought this might be one where we'd sneak an unlikely point, but now I'm not so sure. However maybe extra Wirral-based fans taking advantage of the Trust coach offer can spur us on. Bournemouth are likely to score, so it's not a park the bus option for me, but a line-up with some attacking potential. The noises from the official site suggest Robbo remains unfit and realistically Jennings isn't up to a full game either, so options are limited up front and I'd like to see McGurk starting. Expect Ash to replace Welsh in midfield, with Goodi returning at the back.

Fingers crossed we get something, as the two immediately below us play one another at the weekend, so at least one will pick up(a )point/s.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I very rarely predict losses, such is my optimism :) But... I'm struggling here. We can't buy a goal at the minute and our defence is shaky. Think we'll lose 2-0 and just hope I'm proved wrong yet again.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I'm not even gonna guess what team will play - will Dale start? Who will replace Welsh ? Surely Goodi will be back so as we are away, I suspect he'll play Ash in front of the back 4.

I am clinging onto the hope that we are playing a team out of form and (hopefully) struggling to cope with the pressure of getting into the top 6 and the impact of losing their manager is finally having an effect.

So - you would say go out in a positive manner - get the first goal - and their heads will drop and the crowd will get on their backs. But their manager will probably say the same about us - get an early goal and they will get a hatful as did Sheff Wed.

Fingers crossed we snatch a point or better. Another battering and we really are in trouble

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
It is difficult to know what approach to go for in this one. If we can scrape a point it would give a massive boost to our flagging confidence, and could be a turning point, but as has been commented can we really afford to sit back against a team as prolific as Bournemouth ?

The absence of Welsh will take away some of our competitive edge in midfield, and if McChrystal is also missing, it will be difficult to start with three in the middle.

I am desperately hoping we can take something from the game, as we don't want to go into the Dagenham match with our chins even closer to the floor.

Player
Manager
John King
Fingers crossed we get something, as the two immediately below us play one another at the weekend, so at least one will pick up(a )point/s.

The bonus is, with Daggers and Notts playing each other, we can't actually drop into the bottom four tomorrow as one of the two must drop points.

amplesou

Banned
Player
Dave Higgins
we win we stay up !

i think we will do this!

after all they battered us earlier in the season at pp

that will have hurt the players pride

( ???)

then again its not just that is it ,players have to content with lp tactics which...are resticting somewhat so anything can happen !!!!

ian goodison can u start the games like you finished games ,is that possible at your age ,no offence like!!!

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
The bonus is, with Daggers and Notts playing each other, we can't actually drop into the bottom four tomorrow as one of the two must drop points.
The trouble is that whenever teams below us play each other at least one of them will gain some points. So unless we stop losing, inevitably we will be caught.

Under Les, the first goal really counts. We have scored first in 18 matches this season and gone on to win 13 of them. In the 24 matches where we conceded the first goal, we ended up losing 19 of them. The other 5 matches we drew and they were mainly early in the season. This season, we have never won after going a goal down. In fact, under Les we have never achieved this.

Player
Manager
John King
I think my original calculation was wrong anyway, actually. By certain permutations we could end up fourth from bottom, though it would be unlucky.

DIW

Player
Goodison
Just cannot see us getting anything from this.

DIW

Player
Goodison
1 nil up at half time. Not getting excited yet though...

DIW

Player
Goodison
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PISSING MYSELF LAUGHING!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.