• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Battle of the Rovers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Our league record here is 2 wins in 13 visits, so not exactly auspicious. The defeat at Colchester from what I've read sounds grim and some of our experienced players like Goodison weren't up to their usual standard. Given the current squad, injuries and Les' love affair with 4-3-3, our options are fairly limited.

Defence. Here things are at their worst. Gulasci hasn't looked much of an improvement on Joe, but will start. Darville unlikely to be fit. I'd expect the same central pairing, but would consider Zoum and Cathalina at the full-back slots to give us more height at the back.

Midfield. I'd anticipate McLaren coming in for Mendy, while I'm not his biggest admirer he did put in a couple of decent performances in a defensive midfield role before the injury. My preference would be Cresswell replacing Mendy, but at least we've options here with Blanchard or Fraughan also available.

Attack. Pathetic number of efforts on goal in the last two away games. I don't blame the strikers as much as the non-providers from further back. Would like to see Fraughan behind a front pair of Enoch and the fittest from ITM/McGurk

I think we've got to park the proverbial bus and do anything to stop them scoring. However with Hoskins showing signs of developing into the next Ricky Lambert I'm not hopeful and reckon we'll lose by a couple of goals again#-o

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
goodison mcgurk & itm all likely to be out as well so i think 3 0 to bristol.

Ive noever none so many injuries its ridiculous the amount of players getting injured.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Attack. Pathetic number of efforts on goal in the last two away games. I don't blame the strikers as much as the non-providers from further back.
It's amazing Enoch has managed to score five goals really :shock:

With the injuries cropping up again and the lack of confidence, it's going to be a tough one, but we could really do with three points here as I don't think we're getting anything this coming Saturday.

Sadly, I can only see a defeat, as we've been shocking in the last few away games.

Player
Goodison
Shwoddywoddy's goals to shots ratio much actually be pretty good.

Having watched the highlights against Colchester we seemed to lack any kind of organisation - a situtation which is the fault of the manager. Having a squad with limited ability means that organisation is key, if we can't get that right we're doomed.

As for the match against Bristol Rovers I would expect defeat, but we started the season well away from home so we may be able to rediscover that form if Les gets the team organised.

Player
Liam Palmer
Wasn't there on Saturday but from what I saw on the highlights it would be difficult to blame Les for Dale Jennings woeful clearance which lead to the first goal and the pathetic marking at the third (don't know about second goal, only saw the free kick, which was a beauty).

Agree the team has got to be organised by the manager, but once they're on the pitch it's up to the players to do as instructed. They are professionals and this is their job after all.

Just have to hope for better tonight, but confidence must be pretty low.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Losing Ian Goodison is not only a big blow to the defence, but also hugely effects results. Also without Ian Thomas-Moore, our two most experienced players, the signs dont look good. Sadly, the team will be full of kids, let's just hope they compose themselves and Showumni can pop up with the odd goal again.

Going in at half time with a clean sheet would certainly set things up nicely for the second half when we usually decide to start playing.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Unchanged team from Saturday, with only 6 subs, a goalie, 2 full-backs, a central defender a defensive midfielder, with only Fraughan offering anything of an attacking option. It shows we're really up against it

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yes, we are stretched and I should never have doubted Goodison.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Two great saves from Gulasci in the first 10 mins. No shots from Tranmere yet. Hmm.. :-k

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Wow, going well at the moment. After the initial 10 mins, Rovers really got a handle on the game and have had some excellent chances since! Come on Rovers!!

Player
Liam Palmer
Ha ha get in! SWA well done lads, sounds like we just about deserved. Can't wait to see wee Jenno's goal.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
It sounded like backs against the wall stuff in the last 20 minutes or so. Cathalina debut and got himself booked within minutes of coming on. Still out of the bottom four til the weekend at least:smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.