• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Barnsley 2 - 1 Tranmere

S

Steele's Field

No game is going to be easy, while were playing the way we are.
Im just hoping he brings in some new faces in January before its to late.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Yes... I think this month is a big month for us... I still feel that it wouldn't be beyond us to go through the rest of this month unbeaten or even win every game this month as well as the games in early January. That may just be the opptimist coming out in me though.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
So dissapointing, i relly felt we were on the mend now and we go an lose again. sounds like were robberd again but we cant just keep blaming the ref. Regarding little, its hard to say cos agisn we should have won but we cant keep losing then geting a win then prasie him and keep letting him off.

I really dont know what to say, Im keeping my mouth shut until the end of the bvlackpool game.

Regarding the match, luck was against us.

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
Steele's Field said:
No game is going to be easy, while were playing the way we are.
Im just hoping he brings in some new faces in January before its to late.

Welcome to the board. Quality nick/alias that. :D

I agree fully with the sentiment that unless a new style of play (presumably one with a bit of fight/fire) can be found, we will continue to struggle.

J

Johnny King is God

Ian said:
Yep, we did indeed lose, and there comes a time when we simply can't just brush these defeats under the carpet. Our 9th league loss this season and it's really getting quite nervy.

We sit 20th in the league with teams such as MK Dons and Yeovil on top of us. Ohh god, this season is depressing.

We may have played well in parts, but it sounded like we missed good chances, and then they capatalised. I dont care if the penalty was outside the box, outside the ground, in the box, whatever, the result it all that matters, and we lost again! That we can't change.

I refuse to put these defeats down to bad luck and bad decisions all the time. We have to be more ruthless in front of goal.

Sorry everyone, I'm fed up! :x

You are quite right Ian, forgive me for putting this in laymans terms but the name of the game in football is to concede less goals than you score. It doesnt matter how many hard luck stroies there are, if you cannot put the ball in their net more times than the opposition can put it in yours - then you are going to struggle. And if this happens regulalrly, then we should change the management set up.

Matthew The Rover said:
ffs people. How many of you predicted wins? Not many. But when we lose, you complain. We have got some good results of late, espessially scun away and Swansea at home. We have a few "easier" games now, with the likes of Bradford, Yeovil and Rotherham all due to be played in the next month.

that's exactly what we thought about mk dons! and what happened?

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

jeno's wasted on the right. I couldnt go to this one because of work but their manager said on the radio that we never deserved to get beat because we had most of play but that is Tranmere all over this season.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Birkenhead Born and Bred said:
t their manager said on the radio that we never deserved to get beat because we had most of play but that is Tranmere all over this season.
exactly. and does it make you feel any better? does it hell! that's just rubbing salt into the wounds that is...

we were the better team but still lost! great! :roll:

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

It doesnt it makes me pissed off mate because we are getting better not getting results, we need to have the better of teams and get results or we are going to be at the wrong end of the table

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
I think we are capable of being up there with Swansea nd Huddersfield, we have the quality but were juct blaming the ref al the time or saying "if this happend" or "if that happened" somethings not clicking we need constinency.

A

AndyRoo16

yep we sure do have the game to be up there at the top....
but this season were just nt consistent as we all no.....
Barnsley is just another example.....
its time BL told the team to knuckle down and be more convincing....
we have a series of easier games approaching, so lets show we can keep a lead for once......
and not jus sit bk second half

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
People say that they don't mind losing if we at least have a go. Well from what i've heard thats what we did on Tuesday and its not good enough for people. I'd rather lose and be the better team than lose and deserve to lose. Although i'd obviously prefer to win.

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
Brian Little often tries to silence his critics by saying 'of course we do try to win every game, we're just unlucky' but the thing is he DOESN'T try to win games. He does say that he wants to win, but then does the opposite, plays as defensive as he can get away with and tries for a draw.

Yes I'd be happy with a good performance and being genuinely unlucky, but that's just not the case, Brian is mis-representing the situation. He makes mistakes, and his players make mistakes, and since we aren't positive enough we lose matches. Luck or lack of luck doesn't account for that - it's just bad management pure and simple.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
I see where you coming from, perhaps the odd game things went against us then we can let it be but its all we tend to hear now.

A

AndyRoo16

yep mistakes he does make....
WHY DIDNT AISTON START???
especially after swansea performance!!!!!!!