• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Barnsley 2 - 1 Tranmere

smilingmart

Oh no - another defeat by a single goal....

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
You got there 1st by a minute... I did write a small report though. :lol:

Anyway heres my post...

Gutted... didn't sound like we deserved to lose. We had the better chances but some good keeping kept us out. Apparently there penalty was outside the box so that makes it even worse. Anyway Devaney and a dodgey Williams (?) penalty gave them the 2-0 lead but Facey got his 4th in 4 games in last minute. Jackson came off injured and Tremarco replaced him with Goodison going into centre and Roberts left back with Tremarco left midfield. Aiston came on for last ten for Harrison and sounded fairly dangerous. I think he should have started considering he was one of the best players against Swansea. Anyway we lost so a win at Blackpool is a must now.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yep, we did indeed lose, and there comes a time when we simply can't just brush these defeats under the carpet. Our 9th league loss this season and it's really getting quite nervy.

We sit 20th in the league with teams such as MK Dons and Yeovil on top of us. Ohh god, this season is depressing.

We may have played well in parts, but it sounded like we missed good chances, and then they capatalised. I dont care if the penalty was outside the box, outside the ground, in the box, whatever, the result it all that matters, and we lost again! That we can't change.

I refuse to put these defeats down to bad luck and bad decisions all the time. We have to be more ruthless in front of goal.

Sorry everyone, I'm fed up! :x

og in oz

Im thinking its time we sacked Little, at least then the team might be spured on a bit to get a good run going over xmas and the new year.

Most teams go on a winning streak after the manager has gone so we might all get an early present from santa this year.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Phantom of Prenton said:
Just how many penalties has Goodison conceded this year????

Far too many. He really should not be in the team, has been dreadful this season and last, yet has probably played more games than anyone! :oops:

As for the game, everyone is saying we were the better team. If that is the case, why on earth did we not win the game? We need that cutting edge, when we dominate a game (very rare!) we never kill a team off, and in this case, couldn't even get a breakthrough. Its very worrying, and a sign of a team who is going to struggle big time. :cry:

Player
Morrisey
No matter how well we play, how unlucky we are we still aren't winning. At the end of the season we cannot go to the F.A we played well and werte unlucky so keep us up! I think that Little is failing to get results and he should go! he has had his chances!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
This is exactly what has happened post match. Ritchie says he was embarrassed to win, we were the better side, Little chips in says the same thing. Whilst this is true, we must be doing something wrong then if we are so bloody unlucky all these times.

And yes, Little went back to the Bradford game, another unlucky defeat for us.

Well, at least if we go down this season (its not an impossibility) we can all rest in the knowledge that we were unlucky. :roll:

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
In this position in the league we need wins, badly. Defeats worsen the situation and draws in reality do little to help. Little sees draws as a big triumph and gloats in the press and on the official website all week long about them. When we get beat Brian says we were unlucky and we'll do better next time, he means he'll try to get a draw again next time. It's annoying.

We aren't creating enough chances and yet he keeps Aiston on the bench and Brown in the reserves. I'm convinced that with those two providing width we could pick apart any team in this league, hell we tore Man City's first team to ribbons in pre-season with that forumla. Things ARE now getting desperate, remember the 'home game only' fans haven't seen us win since August - and it's now December!!

A

AndyRoo16

hmmm...i agree about goodison, i dont think we have ever seen his true potential...if he has any.
the main point in this match that annoys me is why dint Aiston start.......when he came on we finally scored

another unfortunate defeat :( ...shud Little remain as our leader?

M

Matthew The Rover

og in oz said:
Im thinking its time we sacked Little, at least then the team might be spured on a bit to get a good run going over xmas and the new year.

Thats rubbish. We have been on the up ever since Doncaster away we have been on the up. We beat Scunthorpe away, we draw with Joint Top Swansea at home. What more can you want? I only expected two points from those games.
The penalty appears to have been outside the area whilst they were using foul play all night from what I've heard.

Just one defeat to the team placed 5th now who have the best defence in the league and you're calling for the managers head?

We should have won and were cheated apparently.

I still believe in promotion. Of course there are going to be defeats for every team, maybe we nwo have the bulk of ours out the way.

Brian Little's Barmy Army.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Matthew The Rover said:
I still believe in promotion. Of course there are going to be defeats for every team, maybe we nwo have the bulk of ours out the way.

Wishful thinking :lol:

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
It's quite ridiculous really.

"It has been a frustrating night as we were better than them but lost the game.

Barnsley boss Andy Ritchie added: "I feel for Brian as his players have done everything but put the ball in the net. We've got away with three points."

When is Little going to realise that being unlucky is not the answer. How many times have we heard him say we were unlucky? It drives me mad!

Surely he needs to work on the more clinical side of things like putting the ball in the back of the net, as at the end of the day, this is all that counts. Don't get me wrong, it good that the team is playing well, better than the opposition and creating chances, but what good is it when the chances are always wasted.

I dont believe we've got enough in Greenacre and Facey up front to get us the goals we need. Facey seems to have a hit ratio of like 1/10!

Definate time for this emoticon .... ](*,)

M

Matthew The Rover

Facey has scored 4 in 4!

As for unlucky, even their manager said we were

DixieDean

did we play 4-4-2?

if so, i dont see us winning many playing Jennings Rankine Harrision and Rberts across midfield. Doenst sound very creative.....

M

Matthew The Rover

Ranks and Harrison are too different in their style of play (maybe not how well they play!) and Jenno is crap on the right.

I agree with you completly Dixie. Aiston did well vs. Swansea, why drop him?

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Aiston should have started with Jennings in the centre with either Harrison or Rankine... preferrably Rankine. At the end of the day we were unlucky and you can say we should have been more clinical... but it sounded like their keeper came up with a few good saves. I don't think Facey can be blamed for us losing... like Matthew said... he has 4 in 4 and from what I can remember from the commentary Facey had two chances the first was his header that was saved and the 2nd was the rebound from the header which he scored. Also a lot of our other chances were created by Facey and he sounded dangerous.

three wins in the last 15 league games is not good enough :!: BL can use all the excuses in the world,but i'm not gunna buy a single one!he has had too much time now as far as am concerned and he needs to bite the bullet!we might of been unlucky against bradford and barnsley but what about,mk dons 1-2,scunthorpe 0-2,bristol city 0-1,huddesfield 0-1,nott'm forest 0-1? although these results our mainly by the odd goal there still defeats! time for a change and it can't come quick enough in my mind! :(

A

AndyRoo16

i agree....
i was so hopeful at the start of this season, but this hope soon turned to misery :(
yes we have been unlucky recently...but the passion to turn us round does not seem to be there.....maybe a new manager could provide some much needed inspiration.
lets see if we`re "unlucky"again at Blackpool....

M

Matthew The Rover

ffs people. How many of you predicted wins? Not many. But when we lose, you complain. We have got some good results of late, espessially Scunthorpe away and Swansea at home. We have a few "easier" games now, with the likes of Bradford, Yeovil and Rotherham all due to be played in the next month.