• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Barnes to Watford?

Player
Goodison
Just heard two interesting rumours. One that Barnes is in talks to become Watford's new manager and the second been that John Achterberg is joining Liverpool as a goalkeeping coach.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
The latter is very likely to happen...And the former is ridiculous, Barnes is coming here and that's that.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Would happily pay his train fare to Watford, but afraid he's coming to PP. Though it might explain the lack of an unveiling of him as our new boss. Would be sorry to see Achto go and a bit surprised to be honest, but good luck to him.

Player
Goodison
Achterberg was only offered a part time contract which is why he's gone to Liverpool. John McMahon is also there so that factor probably played a part. As for Barnes we can live in hope, the story that he was in talks with Watford came from BBC Radio Merseyside. He used to play for Watford as well so the story could have some legs.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I'd thought that there was an unwritten rule that Prem goalie coaches had to be former top flight players. Given that Liverpool's head keeping coach is someone who I'd never heard of, but played at Wrexham. Given that we only offered a part-time coach role and weren't going to offer another contract as keeper, it's understandable. I'm sure John A will do a brilliant job there, but saddened at a Rovers institution leaving.

Fingers crossed Barnes gets the Watford job.