• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Argyle 1, Rovers 3

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Well, who'd have predicted that scoreline? Can't wait for the reports from those who went. They will be enjoying the long journey home.

I was worried to see Dale was not even on the bench, but it couldn't have gone much better. Three goals, almost a chean sheet and only one booking. Hope we've no new injuries, as we have a busy programme ahead on heavy pitches.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Fantastic!! One of the best away results in a while. SWA!!! =D>

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Just got back. Excellent performance and thoroughly deserved scoreline.

Too knackered to give any more detail at present, but will post a report tomorrow.

Player
Manager
John King
We controlled the game yesterday, other than a couple of five minute spells in the second half, and played some excellent football at times. My only worry at half time was that we hadn't scored a second goal, as we had put together several good moves, one resulting in a goal disallowed for offside, which I think was put in by Lateef.

Every body played well yesterday, but the back five in particular were magnificent, and I would probably single out McChrystal as man of the match, who read the game brilliantly and won absolutely everything in the air. Lateef is becoming a major player for us with his goal threat, and hopefully we can secure him on a longer deal soon. The high point of the day was Enoch's goal, a really cool finish under the keeper in exactly the sort of position where he has fluffed his lines recently.

I should also put a word in for Lucas Akins who was very good in the first half, putting in several decent crosses and having a couple of efforts on goal. He has definitely gone up in my estimations after yesterday's performance, and hopefully can become a decent squad player for us. The absence of Robinson and Jennings worried me before kick off, but we looked threatening without them.

Although we were generally in control, I think a turning point was a save made by Warner about fifteen minutes into the second half with his legs from a deflected shot. Plymouth had upped the tempo at that point, but two minutes after the save Lateef got the second and finished the game.

I felt a lot of sympathy for the Plymouth fans, whose club look bedraggled on and off the pitch, but give Rovers credit for being thoroughly professional in the way they dealt with the game.

It is clear that the relative absence of injuries and new look back five have helped us a great deal, and hopefully we can now go on a run similar to the one we had in the relatively injury-free October. Wednesday are seriously struggling at the moment, and if we can show the same focus on Tuesday the heady-heights of mid table can surely be reached now.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Sounded like Akins had a good first half, which was surprising. But it was great to see Enoch finally getting back on the score sheet. Lateef is getting better by the game, and the defence is definitely more solid than it's been for some time.

The loanees are doing a great job and let's hope we can get some consistent results together. Not getting maximum points at home seems to put a damper on these excellent away results.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
It's very quiet on here after a fantastic win at the weekend. Nothing much to moan about I suppose.

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
Super result. Hope tomorrow's is as good!!

It is oddly quiet, but as you say Ian what really brings the Les-bashers out of the woodwork is a defeat!

Not sure if someone already mentioned it but Jennings was unavailable due to an injury he picked up in the behind closed doors friendly against Liverpool, and will probably miss the Sheffield Wednesday game as well.

Player
Liam Palmer
Sorry, been busy. As a Les fan I'm not going to come on and gloat, but I think it's worth pointing out that we've actually played well in each completed match since the turn of the year. What a difference it makes to have an almost full squad at the manager's disposal. Hopefully Saturday's superb win will give us all the confidence to win tomorrow night. And it's good we can win without Jennings and Robinson.

Who needs Mourinho.......?

Player
Manager
John King
I would agree with Tartan that injuries have been our bane this season. In October / November when we had a virtually full strength squad we won six out of eight, and have now picked up three wins, two draws and one defeat from six, which is excellent really.

Here's hoping we can stay injury-free until May.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
It's the home games which attract more comment, as aside from Rockford's Love Child, don't think any regular posters on here went? I was pleased with the result, though having seen the highlights, Plymouth had their chances. Peter Reid was whinging about how they ought to have had a penalty when Goodi made contact with his hand, but he was facing away from the direction the ball was struck, so it would have been harsh.

Player
Manager
John King
I couldn't judge the Goody handball as he had his back to me when he 'handled'.

Although Argyle had a few chances, the majority of them came at three nil down, while the Beeb's highlights missed several further chances of our own (the Akins disallowed goal in the first half, a couple of shots from Zoom in the second half, a header from Enoch in the first, a good Cresswell free kick).

Once the first goal went in we dictated the game, and it was probably the most comfortable we have looked in any game this season, aside perhaps from Walsall away.