• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Andy Quayle

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
Out former Head Groundsman has died.
34 years of service.

You will be missed mate.

R.I.P

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
This is sad news with his long spell on the Rovers ground staff, ultimately as Head. Lots of positive memories of Andy on the Rovers facebook page. RIP Andy.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I think Andy was first appointed groundsman in the mid Eighties when I started watching, so I always associate him with that period. Very sad that he has passed at such a young age.

RIP.

Player
Manager
I think Andy was first appointed groundsman in the mid Eighties when I started watching, so I always associate him with that period. Very sad that he has passed at such a young age.

RIP.
He joined as an apprentice when he was sixteen/seventeen and It was in the eighties. He qualified as a groundsman and went on to be head groundsman and overseen the numerous technical innovations that have improved the pitch at Rovers and had a great relationship with the renovation company. His knowledge was useful when budget was nominal.
I knew him from rovers, the clipper and as a friend.

Player
Manager
It was Andy's funeral today.
Good turnout at Landican and the Clipper.

Plenty of staff and ex staff there.

RIP mate.