• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Addicks v Rovers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Tranmere have drawn on their last two trips to The Valley. However, they haven't picked up any points on trips to the "bigger teams" so far. Charlton paid the price for leaving out some of their regulars in the JPT, but will presumably be back to full strength for this. Rovers fans coach cancelled, but there's usually a fair turnout of Southern-based fans to swell the away support.

Apart from the long-term absentees, the only doubt is McGurk. I'd expect Raven to replace Kay and Adam if fit to come in for Zoum. It will be interesting to see if Les keeps Mustafa up front, on the evidence of Tuesday night, he probably should.

Prediction; head thinks we'll lose 3-1, heart feels we might scrape an unlikely draw.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Les celebrates two years in charge on Sunday. Let's hope he has a happy weekend. Going to the Valley will be a test of how good we are. We should not be under pressure, so should play our best. If we do, we could get something out of the game, but as always luck and the referee will play a part.

Incidentally, I have had a look at this season's results so far and how we fared against the same teams in the corresponding fixtures last time. Ignoring the three games against relegated/promoted teams (where we got 4 points out of 9), we are only one point up on last season. If we lose on Saturday, we will be all square.

I'm finding this stat difficult to understand given our better league position and apparent improved form, but it's perhaps a note of caution.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I can only see a comfortable win for them 3 1

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I can't decide whether its good or bad that Charlton lost badly at home in the week - either way it probably doesnt matter as they rested 5 players who will all return including Wright-Phillips.

Like others I don't expect anything - assume Raven will come back in but it remains to be seen whether Enoch will.

Les is a big fan of Enoch coz of the system we play - but Chicken got his goal on Tuesday and Les has said it will help his confidence - so who will start...or will he play both ?

Enoch scored there last season but was a different player then - if I had to choose, I think he'll go with Enoch but you have to feel for Chicken.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
For some reason, I have a feeling we can cause an upset tomorrow. Charlton certainly haven't enjoyed playing us at home in the last two seasons, at least judging by the comments of some of their fans I have heard after those games, but clearly they are a different proposition this season.

With Charlton's potency up front I can't see us keeping a clean sheet, so we will have to hope our recent goalscoring spree continues. I would definitely choose Mustafa ahead of Enoch, but think Les will opt for the latter.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Well it won't be easy, but here's how it's going to go. We'll lose but will have had plenty of chances to get something from the game. More shots than the home team and some dodgy referring decisions which Les will mention after the game in the hope that our luck will turn soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.