• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

3 Games Left

evo_trfc

So our next 3 games are HUGE in respect to where we finish this season. Currently in the play offs and although Scunthorpe have 2 games in hand Leicester and Cheltenham will not be easy for them.

Yes we haven't played brilliantly this season but this is potentially massive if we can sneak into them! I really see it going down to the last game so fingernails will be non existent after that!

Leeds Yeovil and Scunthorpe 6 points i think would get us into the play offs so the last home game is a must win

Lets get behind the team and see if we can fluke our way into the championship!!!

Leeds away will be the toughest and i just hope we can sneak a draw

Thoughts?

Super White Army!

lonerover

Player
Johnny Morrissey
I agree in that I think it's going to go to that last day of the season....and I guess we should be happy that we're still in with a shout at this stage of the season.....A win on Saturday at Leeds would be massive for us, and why not we won there last season??? A point wouldn't be the end of the world either in my opinion, would just put more pressure on that last day game

My ideal scenario would be win at Leeds on Saturday then beat Yeovil at home....last day of the season draw needed to send us and Scunthorpe in to the Play Offs...Leeds miss out...oh what a day that would be :smile:

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yep. Ideally we need to beat Leeds on Saturday, but its going to be tough, very tough. The last few games we've won, but they've been scrappy affairs and I dont think we have the luxury of just playing OK and winning at Leeds. They were unlucky to lose at Leicester the other day, Leeds had some great chances to score. Without Goodison, I'm not sure.. We'll have to be on top form.

Yeovil shouldnt be as tough. I'll assume we'll win that one as it's at home.
And that leaves Scunny away. Another very tough game which we'll struggle to win.

I honestly think we need to win all 3 games. The teams above us aren't going to loose many points. 3 wins would leave us with 81 points. Enough for a place in the play offs. 2 wins, 78 points, getting a little risky especially with Scunthorpes 2 games in hand..

If it comes down to the last game, my ticker couldnt take it. I'd be staying home that day!

Player
Liam Palmer
I don't think we're in a position to be too choosy about what we want. I'd settle now for going into the game at Scunny two (and no more) points behind them....