• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

0-0 Hartlepool

A

AndyRoo16

what a boring match...
we tried our best 2 liven it up in the lower kop but with no success....
even sammy Aiston cudnt do it!!!
we really needed 2 win today... :(
Brian needs 2 get it sorted!!! :evil:

DixieDean

quite simply: 2 teams with no intention of losing the game.

boring boring boring.

football would be a much more entertaining game if teams got no points for a 0-0 draw. Games like tonight would soon become a thing of the past.

jim

Sammy Aiston couldn't do it because no one would give him the bloody ball! You're right - what a boring game.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
The playtes who clapped at the end need a slap! We drew 0-0 AT HOME against a team lower than us and have no manager, if that was a 0-0 agaisnt a high team who played great on the night then faor enough, but Hartlepool were poor, no excuses, no "we were unlucky bla bla" we should have gone out there and comfortably took all 3 points.

Boring game, no team spirit, no one looked assed. Dissapointing. Im actually getting used to all this.

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
Brian will say exactly what he's said after every game this season, something along the lines of

"Hartlepool were tough opponents, as you would expect after getting to the playoffs last season. There are no easy games in this division. I'm pleased with our performance, a clean sheet is very important. We had some good chances and were unlucky to lose the game. We don't got about trying to lose games and for us a point is very important."

I am really starting to dislike Little with a passion. The game was boring, we didn't try and they didn't try. It was reminiscent of mid-table games at the end of the season, where neither team has anything to play for.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Terrible game, terrible atmosphere. Everything about it was simply forgettable.

Well, one thing that does stick in my mind however is the fact that the game simply goes to prove what problems we are having with scoring goals and creating chances..

I knew we had a problem but that game confirmed it for me.

Hartlepool were poor. Even Boyd who threatened last season was poor. There was nothing creative about any of the two teams at all.

Fair play to Hartlepool, decent result for them if they played for the draw. But... we really should have been able to break them down and muster more than five shots on target.

However, you also got to question the tactics.
I dont know if its simply lack of ability though, but why the hell did we keep hoofing the ball upfield in the slim hope that Facey or Greenacre would get on the end of it? It was clear after five minutes that their number five (Nelson) was cleaning up every high ball and gaining possession. But they conotinued to do it for the remainder of the game ?!?

Terrible.

Game was summed up by some guy behind me with 10 mins to go.
Ref was being picky and the guy behind me shouted, "come on ref, this is shit, we all want to go home".

Awful, just awful...

HARRISON FOR ENGLAND! :lol: :lol: :lol:
what an absolute joke of a game! we were woeful and hartlepool were worse!but a point for them was better than what it is for us!BL can keep thinking that were unbeaten in 11 games but i'm not convinced!i've been tricked into believing that we may of turned the corner(AND WE DEFINETLY HAVE NOT!)no midfield to create a chance,and a negative manager on the bench,were always gunna be struggling to get these wins we all crave for!we didn't deserve to lose last night but we definetly didn't deserve to win.

mid-table mediocre,at best!boooooooooooooooooooooo :evil:

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
OH GOD! looking at NBDH's points of what Little said. What gane was Little watching? Hartlepool were poor, not tough. And how can a point be important???? Did he notice were we are, if were seriosu about play-offs drawing against crap teams at home is not good for us!

I just knew hed cover it all up, I JUST KNEW IT!

Ally

Player
Aldo
BH - I think Neverbeat was speculating on what BL was likely say after the game, rather than what he actually did say.

Personally, I don't think he's too far off the mark.

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
Indeed, that's not actually what he's said after the game... but it may as well be, because he's said the same thing after every game certainly this season, and arguably ever since he's taken over as the manager. I'm sick of it.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Brian post match thoughts after the game:
"It wasn't a great performance and it is disappointing as we need to win a home game or two. The league is getting frighteningly tight. It is a hard slog at the moment. I can't fault the effort, we didn't have enough players who played well tonight. We needed that little something special to happen and it didn't.

"We didn't get behind them as they defended very deep. We had to get the ball into the strikers' feet but we didn't do it very well. We might have expected Sam to have a run or two at Ritchie Humphreys but in fairness to Ritchie he has defended really well.

"Their gameplan worked more than ours. There was a lot of effort, and it deserved to be a draw.

"We needed a bit more of a playmaker in the middle. The two young lads did well for us in terms of breaking up play but couldn't really find the pass to open them out.

"We are trying to win games. We have talked about being strong and trying not to lose, but within that we are still trying to win. We just didn't play very well tonight."

Source: www.tranmererovers.co.uk

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Hmm..

We have talked about being strong and trying not to lose, but within that we are still trying to win.

he gets away with it... :lol:

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

Brian Little is too negative and his tactics are also very negative but I feel we are not performing bad, we ajust cant put the ball in the back of the net and Facey amd Greenacre are not doing it, I feel its time for Steve Davies to have a go, he's been doing it for the reserves , lets see if he can do it in the 1st team

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Ally said:
BH - I think Neverbeat was speculating on what BL was likely say after the game, rather than what he actually did say.

:oops:

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
That was a terrible game... neither team wanted it at all... what a waste of money.