• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Zola

Career Options for Zola

• Set up a hair braiding business down at Woodside

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pretend to be a professional footballer

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Go on a bullet dodging holiday in the Congo

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Star in a "How not to do it" coaching video for the Fa as the BEFORE example

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I had a feeling this poll wasn't going to be very complimentary. :roll:
Let's just see how many he scores if he stays fit for long enough.

I don't think he had a bad game yesterday. No worse than anyone else. O:)
And let us not forget, Ronnie himself has compared him to Adebayor. :lol:

Player
Goodison
zola is decent player with a lot of potential - he just seems to have a lot of bad luck with injuries etc. If he could just improve his finishing, he would be capable of scoring a lot of goals, because he gets in the right positions.

him and curran would be a could partnership, as they worked well together last season against Brentford. I also think Zola's style of play is suited to playing with Curran. Curran is better than Greenacre, but I dont think Curran and Greenacre are suited to playing together, neither of them is very physical and they have a similar way of playing.

Player
John Aldridge
In all fairness when Ronnie compared him to Adebayor he was actually talking about Adie Bayor who plays centre forward for the pub team at Ronnies local boozer, not the premiership star.
What an absolute shocker he had against Stockport last night 3 wasted chances.
It seems every season we hear he has potential, so where exactly is it???

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I must admit, he did himself no favours last night. No excuses, he should have hit the back of the net.

Player
Goodison
I must admit, he did himself no favours last night. No excuses, he should have hit the back of the net.

I agree with you on that. Unless somebody teaches Zola how to finish, hes never going to make it and hes never going to reach his potential.

Is it me or has he got worst under the great striker Moore, then captain cautious Little?

Player
Curran,Humey,R.Taylor,Goodison,Jacko,Robbo
He is shocking!!!Last night was shamefull zola was sh*t again.Why took shukes off i dont no.Ronnie thinks we was good at the back!!IS HE OFF HIS HEAD??????

evo_trfc

See i havent actually seen zola play this season but last season when he was again getting slated i saw him play against Bristol City and he did a good job.

I rate him he's a very akward striker gets in the right positions does everything a striker should do yet fails to score which clearly frustrates people and of course it should do. If his finishing did improve then ye you would get the 20 goals from him. If we had two strikers who both hit 20 goals a season we wouldnt be in this division!.

If zola linked up with greenacre e.g knocking the ball down etc. then that would be very effective

Player
Goodison
I think he would be better with Curran, as they combined well against Brentford last season until Zola,suprise surprise, went off injured.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Zola's problem is that he doesn't very often get himself in to good scoring positions. And when he does, he doesn't know how to put it away.

Zola's main play consists of him having his back the goal, shielding the ball and laying it off for others. I'm not saying this is the right or wrong way, just what I can see.

Now he's never going to score a hatful this way.
He's not a poacher. Zola does a lot of running and does work hard, but he's not a typical forward.

Whether we need someone like this in the squad is debatable, as it's then left to the main striker (usually Greenacre) to get all the goals.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Like most young players, Calvin needs a run in the first team gain experience and to build his confidence. If he gets dropped after a couple of games, he'll never develop. Having said that, I'm not sure he will make it at this level, but I support Ronnie in giving him a run in the side.

jim

He's a damn sight better than Taylor who should retire before he embarasses himself anymore! I like Zola, he's one of the few players who gives his all every game and he creates problems for defenders whether he scores or not. There's more to his game than goals. I'm happy to see Zola up front with either Greenacre or Curran. I agree he needs more of a run in the first team - something he's not really had - then his finishing is bound to get better. Hopefully this season he will get that run.