• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Zola to Crewe

The Rovers!

Player
Pat Nevin/Kenny Irons

lonerover

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Have to agree think that is a good bit of business, considering we've got a fee and his wages now to spend. Am getting slightly concerned at the amount of leavers and potential leavers and only 1 new face so far???

Or maybe we're out to prove Alan Hansen wrong again...."You'll never win anything with kids!!" :):)

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
I personally think this is a good piece of business with a striker with an overall goal ratio of 5.94 per game. (18 goals in 107 games)
I think you mean an overall goal ratio of 5.94 games between the odd lonely goal. Which is erm something like 0.168 goals per game. Or put simply... shocking.

The Rovers!

Player
Pat Nevin/Kenny Irons
I think you mean an overall goal ratio of 5.94 games between the odd lonely goal. Which is erm something like 0.168 goals per game. Or put simply... shocking.

Yup, I mean overall not per game. 5.94 per season would be easier which is as you say "Shocking"!!

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Yeah excellent business getting anything for Calvin. He should be nicknamed jigsaw and not Stuey Barlow! Falls to pieces in the box. Imporoved his hold up play in the 4 years, but couldnt hit a barn door with a banjo! Sorry calvin!

Hopefully we can use the money to strengthen the rest of the squad

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yeah, very good business. He didn't score enough goals and was simply poor at putting the ball in the net, His strike ratio was awful. He'll probably score a hatful at Crewe!

I hope this means more opportunity for Curran.

TRFCJason

Player
John Aldridge
Glad to see the back of him lets hope for some quality signings

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
It is only good business if we get someone in with height, or start using Gornell, who didn't get included in Ronnie's list of strikers so presumably isn't in the frame.

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
We're being linked to former Chester City man Luke Beckett. I think that's one of the most realistic signings mentioned recently, and signing him would quieten down the idiots saying Ronnie likes the hoof ball, as Beckett's not exactly renowned for his height, being less than six foot tall.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I can't see Luke Beckett offering much different than the 3 we've already got, save in terms of keeping Les Parry busy. We've lost Zola, not much good in the air but awkward and Gareth Taylor, who was quite good at holding the ball up. It would be a brave manager who didn't have the height option in his arsenal. For that reason, I do hope we bring in a six-footer. As for hoof-ball, the fault lies with those players who repeatedly take that option and any manager who persists in picking them rather than with the intended recipient.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I wouldn't be too keen on Beckett. I've heard we may sign Bas Savage. He like Zola doesn't have a good goal ratio though.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Beckett is too old and Savage is just crap! Can't we find a decent striker anywhere?

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
There may very well be a connection between Savage and O'Callaghan coming here as they've played together before!!