• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Zola Injured

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Calvin Zola has pulled a hamstring and will be out of action for up to 6 weeks. Bad news really, although Ronnie is trying to play it down, it leaves us with Tyalor, Greenacre and Davies up front, and if one of them then gets injured in the next couple of weeks I think we might struggle even more for goals.

Disappointing news, as Zola has apperared to be quite effective in his cameos.

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
I agree Coop, when I read the news earlier I got quite worried, but I think we're being given a worst case time here as he seemed to pick the strain up early when he came on the other night and did manage to play through so hopefully it will be more 3 than 6. Let's hope.

I'm more concerned about our finishing from anywhere on the field at the moment as it doesn't seem to have clicked yet.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Big shame that... hopefully won't be as long as 6 weeks. Doesn't seem to have much luck does he?!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Gutted to be honest. I'm starting to think maybe Zola isn't going to cut it here. Most of the time, he's either injured or simply not picked for the squad. Feeling very negative about this injury..

I know some may not be at all concerned as its Zola, but the squad is getting thinner already!

Player
Morrisey
Perhaps he will be bringing in a loan signing to cover up front. some one from a higher league.

Player
Morrisey
Both Taylor and Davies have "picked up knocks" this week. I hope they recover. Otherwise it will be Ellison up front probably and tremaco on the wing.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Think Davies is supposed to be okay according to Moore and Taylor should train tomorrow so hopefully both will be okay. I would have liked to have seen a striker in on loan even just for a month until Zola is fit again.

Player
Morrisey
Davies and Zola both netted for the reserves in their 3-1 win over PNE and look to be back to fitness so there will be cover for Greenacre. Zola again scored an overhead kick. Also Achto was on form.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Thats the second overhead kick he's scored for the reserves this season... he now needs to bring that form to the first team!