• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

You couldnt make it up!

• Thread starter Johnny King is God
  • Start date
J

Johnny King is God

Just when you thought what was the LDV trophy couldnt get any more glamorous..up steps new sponsors Johnstone Paint.

Presumably they found a link between this competition, and watching their product dry!

Ally

Player
Aldo
What next? The Cillit Bang Trophy?

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
LOL. Between this and the computers down, good one lads, you've cheered me up. :lol:

DixieDean

The Johnstone Paint Trophy!!!

It sounds like something a Sunday League team would play for.

In fact, it doesn't even sound THAT good!

Surely another company (with a decent name) could have come up with £21.50 to outbid them!?

Cow Shed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
:lol: It's great isn't it? It detracts you from the serious issue of thinking who the next chef might be!!!
Imagine though:

The Costcutter Cup

The No Frills Trophy

The Never Get on TV Netto Tournament

They'd look nice on the Roll of Honours board!!!

B

Banana Army

Wait wait wait, theres some even more important news on our website now. Achterberg predicts that Barca will win CL. Wow, thats certainly restored my faith in the squad for next year. Just the news i wanted

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Haha.. Ohh dear god. Also, whats happening with Achterberg. Is he going to be fit for next season? They could have thrown in a little bit at the end of that article updating us on his progress, but instead it encourages gambling. Can you prove Achterberg wrong? I wish Lorraine had a more active role or even a slight interest in the website. It might not be so **** if she had a say in it.