• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Will the lying ever stop?

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
Lorraine is today in the press backtracking the fierce line that the board was stumping up cash that the manager wasn't spending, back down to a more reserved statement that the money is available and they support him. But that's not the thing that's really got me riled.

Talking about the fans she says "I can understand their frustrations." Well if that were true she would have been better able to weigh her words in the first place, wouldn't she!! Simple fact is that she has no idea about fan frustrations.

Not wanting to be left behind, Brian too has been telling porkie-pies..

"If things are not going well on the field they (the fans) are more than entitled to shout things that are not nice. I have always accepted that."

Always huh Brian!?!? Always? You sure about that? How about that away game where the fans were giving you a dig and you came over and had a big set-to with a group of the young sprats at the front, telling them that the fans don't understand anything and that with all your experience you know best.

Sorry Brian you still don't know best. And to say you've always accepted the fan viewpoint is just untrue.

DixieDean

indeed, the number of times i've seen him "batting off" shouts from the main stand as though he's saying "what do you know..." suggest he doesn't understand our frustration.

I personally think that when he sees Tranmere playing badly (eg MK Dons) he will admit that the fans are right to criticise, but if he thinks we are playing well (which he thinks is most of the time) then he doesnt see why we should criticise his boys.

It seems that perhaps he is much easier to please than we are :shock: :D :shock:

Griff

I'm not littles biggest fan, in fact I want him to go, BUT

He has every right to defend his own tactics and he doesnt have to take sh1t from the fans.

Hes not running an open forum, its a one man show. If you dont like what he does you can make yourself heard at the match, but he has the right to ignore you and do it how he thinks is best.

You need to remember that he is only human and sometimes he may get pissed off by what fans say, I know I get pissed by what some others sitting round me shout out at the match.

If I was manager and the fans were giving me and the players crap during a bad patch, I think I'd have trouble keeping my cool.

Griff

Also, he is right to 'bat off' rants from the crowd. What exactly DO the fans know about running a football club ?

Still think he needs to walk before he get pushed though !

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
More of the same. This time we're promised an interesting 24 hours, with loan signings coming in, told that he's chased down several targets.

And he signs no-one.

Signing nobody isn't a crime, but building up for days, weeks even if you count back to Lorraine telling the press money was available - and THEN not signing anyone is deception, pure and simple.

S

Seanyb

NeverBeatDaveHiggins said:
More of the same. This time we're promised an interesting 24 hours, with loan signings coming in, told that he's chased down several targets.

And he signs no-one.

Signing nobody isn't a crime, but building up for days, weeks even if you count back to Lorraine telling the press money was available - and THEN not signing anyone is deception, pure and simple.

Sorry but I don't agree with you here. BL said yesterday that a lot of deals have fallen through on the last day, so it is not as if they sat on their fat arses and did nothing, it just didn't work out for him.

DixieDean

NBDH, I think you are reading too much into it. To me, it's just a case of bad luck, pure and simple.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I think its very difficult to comment on the loan singings that never were, because we dont know the details. Were they realistic targets? How hard did we try?

Regarding Little's mentality though, I always remember him saying a few months back that he wont sign anyone just for the sake of it and at that time believed their was no-one out there available that were better than his current squad.

Few weeks later, he signs Nicky Summerbee. The guy does talk out of his arse quite a bit!

Listening to his Tranmere World interviews, he seems very assure of himself and in his own ability, which you may think isn't a bad thing (one man show) as Griff put it, but does this mean he's too pig headed to listen to anyone else if given advice?

The guy is starting to bore me rigid!

M

Matthew The Rover

I think Brian has tried his best to get loan signings in, but they have unfortunalty fallen through. However, I don't really think Lorraine should comment on these matters unless she is sure something will happen.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
I think weve tried but things just went agisnt unfortuantley.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Yes I too believe Brian when he says we tried but it just didn't happen... He learnt from his mistakes (Summerbee & Onuora) and didn't want to use up valuable money for a player which wasn't good enough. The players that were good enough in the end weren't allowed to go on loan and thats why we haven't made any signings. It's through no fault of anyone at the club really.

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

I dont know what to believe? Who knows wats going on at our club?