• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Voting with their feet.

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
Home Matches 2005/06

Versus - Attendance

Blackpool - 7509
Oldham - 8466
Swindon - 7557
Bradford - 8225
Gillingham - 7003
Scu.nthorpe - 7522
(Lincoln - 3210)
Colchester - 6612
Milton Keynes - 6611

I didn't go to the Lincoln game as I was disgusted that as a season ticket holder I would be made to pay, that was enough to tip the balance on top of travelling expenses etc etc and so I, like many others ended up watching other football on the telly that night.

I couldn't make the MK Dongs match as I couldn't get the time off work. Apparently I didn't miss much. If you like, I'm the 1 less compared the Colchester game. We have a hardcore of support that is around the 6612 mark (let's say!).

Everyone else votes with their feet and doesn't want to pay good money to watch utter dross, devoid of sensible team selection, of any tactical direction and most of all completely lacking passion. The good young players aren't exploding with energy and drive anymore, the manager is so busy putting out fires that he also does his best to stamp out any fire in their hearts.

And so the decline continues, and each week Birkenhead sees six thousand six hundred and twelve broken hearts. The question that has to be asked is how many times can those hearts be patched up enough to be back for more torture the next time, how soon before six thousand becomes five thousand or four thousand.

Let's hope that is never the case. Let's hope that something will change before then.

J

Johnny King is God

Good post man.

I hope the trend reverses quck smart.

I'd like to think the whole lorraine/Brian thing might just be the impetous the players need to get their acts together.

We live in hope

DixieDean

after watching so many boring games last season i nearly didnt renew my season ticket this season. It was actually ther performance against Hartlepool in the play-offs that persuaded me to renew.

I remember Ray's last good season with us and the amount of exciting games. In fact the Hartlepool game last season, was (for me) the best performance since Ray's men took on Forest in the cup and got beat on penalties (shortly before he was sacked!). Brian's team just seem to lack passion and the footballing style he has introduced just seems so mundane and lacklustre.

I honestly could not see a first timer supporter wanting to come back after witnessing any of this season's home games (Oldham apart).

Remember under Ray those performances against Cardiff? and Crewe?
Those games were full of passion (and not to mention good football!). That's what people want to see and that's the only way to get newbies to keep coming back.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
NeverBeatDaveHiggins said:
I didn't go to the Lincoln game as I was disgusted that as a season ticket holder I would be made to pay.

I paid cos it was only a £1! :lol:

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
It's coming up to the end of November and we've still only won two home league games.

Is it any wonder that gates are down?

M

Matthew The Rover

I should think that number will increase now. But we must learn to close games out, thats four 2-2 draws at Prenton Park this season, plus a 2-1 defeat after being ahead to MK Dongs.

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

the numbers are down because all the scousers have stopped coming because we are having a bad season

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
the away attendances are down too.

last season we were taking an average of 800-1000 away. no outs about 300 if were lucky.

2 hours up the road to scunny and we only took 200, thats disgraceful, part-timers.

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

The away attendences are alos down because we have lost a few short trips like Wrexham and Stockport. People never make the long journeys. 200 to Colchester. Now this season everone is stoped going when we do need their support because the team is low on confidence

Player
Morrisey
when I went to Bournmouth I was very impressed with the away support we took, like wise with the long trip to Brentford! At Brentfor the noise the crowd made was appauling though, but at Bournmouth the noise was brilliant.

M

Matthew The Rover

Add one more to most of the away matches now anyway. I'll only be missing 2 or 3 games before end of season

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
well in matt. I'm only missing about 2 this season. Not missing a home game neither :)