• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Turned the corner?

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
Do you guys and girls think that we've genuinely turned a corner and are now heading on to bigger, better things under Brian Little? That the totally unacceptable performances and results that he'd got in the first half of the season are now just water under the bridge, not any of our concern?

Do you think Brian has woken up to the job at hand and is now approaching it in an entirely new and different way? Or has he just got lucky recently and if he stays we are doomed to slip back into the poor form?

I know my answer and a lot of you probably aren't going to like it. No, No, No, Yes. I still think he has been totally clueless and tactically inept up until now, some draws and wins against really bad sides aren't going to convince me that he's had an epiphany.

S

Seanyb

Dont get me wrong, but when things were bad at the club I thought that the last option left is to lose Brian Little. However, after the recent good spell we've had we could actually turn our season around and try to get a play off position. I'm still unsure about BL but if he can turn things around then I will give him full support.

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
If you ask me again in 2 or 3 games time, I might give you a different answer, but at the moment I'd have to agree with NBDH.

Last season we tore it up and at the beginning of this season I would have predicted we'd be very comfortable in the top 6. How wrong I was, and I'm sure a lot of you were.

But on the up side if we continue to progress toward to upper half of the table, I'll proclaim BL as the wonderboy.

Fingers-crossed.jpg

Please Please Please Please Please Please [-o<

M

Matthew The Rover

I think we are certainlly begining to take steps in the right direction. Releasing Theo was one, re-signing O'Leary was another and this attacking style of football is another.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
yer we;ve been going in to games with the right attiude, we havnt lost since before christmas, and we have the rest of the season to go and confidence is up.

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
Too early to say.

The Chrsitmas period was very strange with 4 games in 8 days or something. It could just be that we were fitter than the other teams and handled the schedule better.

The next 3 games are crucial to our season, 3 wins and we'll be knocking on the door of the play-offs and confidence will be sky high. 3 losses and we'll be back in the danger zone, no confidence and it'll be too late to do anything about it.

Our next 3 games aren't easy though (Hartlepool Away, Southend at home and Bradford away). Bradford are currently 2 places above us in the league, I think this could be a really crucial game.

Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to make any of these games (would love to go to the Southend and Bradford games) as I've had my orders from the missus. No more football until after the baby is born (sometime in mid-Feb). Fair enough I suppose :wink:

COME ON ROVERS =D>

M

Matthew The Rover

Well said Gray. 5 points from the next 9 would be great and more is easily manageable!

Player
Morrisey
As long as the fans and the team dont get down beat by the odd defeat from now on I think that we will do alright. I feel that we will finish twelth this season. I would be pleased with 6/7 from every nine and I think that we can achieve that. The next couple of weeks I feel will make or break our season both on and off the pitch.

But yeah I do think we have started to turn a corner.

S

Sullivan

Hey all its sullivan the newest member of the site and i cant wait for the white review footy team to start \:D/

Edit by SCooperSomersaults: Hey Sullivan, nice to have you aboard, but as Banana Army said, please can we keep on-topic. Welcome posts on the "White Review announcements" or "Off topic - general" boards please. :D Ta mate

B

Banana Army

Sullivan said:
Hey all its sullivan the newest member of the site and i cant wait for the white review footy team to start \:D/

Well put it in the football team thread then

Oh and Welcome.

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
Sullivan said:

Welcome aboard. God it's nice not to be the newest person on here. :D :D

J

Johnny King is God

Gray said:
Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to make any of these games (would love to go to the Southend and Bradford games) as I've had my orders from the missus. No more football until after the baby is born (sometime in mid-Feb). Fair enough I suppose :wink:

COME ON ROVERS =D>

Congratulations Gray - any ideas for names - I quite like Calvin, or Dino!

Obviously Lorraine for a girl!

A

AndyRoo16

so as we wer saying...
i thhink we have regained the form required from last season....
im pretty sure we shud b contending for play-offs by the end of the season....
all a big change from before crimbo!
i think the board probably gave little a gd kick up the backside.... :D

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
Well, the 3 big games I talked about have been and gone. Result? 3 points, no goals, no goals conceded.

Funny old game eh?

Unfortunately I think this is it for this season. These last 3 games have seen us go from outsiders for a play-off spot to mid-table obscurity. We won't be going up this year :(

When BL took charge at Tranmere one of the Villa fans at work assured me that 'you won't go down with Little in charge'. I'm beginning to realise how wise these words were. Brian is too cautious to gain promotion, however, it is clear to see that when a team is struggling, he knows how to play for draws and get the occasional win that will keep a team up. He could do a job at Leicester or Sunderland if you ask me.

If we're ever going to get out of this awful division we need someone with a bit more ambition in charge.

Still no sign of my baby BTW, 2 more weeks to go :D Oh, and we won't be caling it Dino or Calvin :wink:

NeverBeatDaveHiggins said:
Do you guys and girls think that we've genuinely turned a corner and are now heading on to bigger, better things under Brian Little? That the totally unacceptable performances and results that he'd got in the first half of the season are now just water under the bridge, not any of our concern?

Do you think Brian has woken up to the job at hand and is now approaching it in an entirely new and different way? Or has he just got lucky recently and if he stays we are doomed to slip back into the poor form?

I know my answer and a lot of you probably aren't going to like it. No, No, No, Yes. I still think he has been totally clueless and tactically inept up until now, some draws and wins against really bad sides aren't going to convince me that he's had an epiphany.

NO!
little is a stuborn man and is destroying our club slowly!why the hell he sold daggers i will never no!the man is a idiot! :evil: