• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Tranmere v Bournemouth

Status
Not open for further replies.

DixieDean

Seems as though our current lull has created a bit of lethargy on here...So I thought I'd start the pre-match thoughts page for the game in 2 days time...

Personally I think this is where Ronnie will start turning things around.

2-0 to the Rovers.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Lethagic would be right after the very poor form. I reckon the return of Taylor could be a big factor, although many people don't rate him, I think he brings more to the team than either Zola or Davies. So thats a big plus. Hopefully Mullin shakes off his knock.

Be interesting to see how this guy Thompson does. Seems he is to play right back, but some Forest fans have been telling me's a centre back who at a stretch play full back. A la Linwood/Goodison I'm thinking, although hopefully thats not the case.

I'm confident the lads can turn it around, come on you Whites!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Taylor should improve things in providing a target for the long-ball and helping out defensively, just don't expect buckets of goals cos he's back. Hadn't heard of Thompson before we signed him and am a bit concerned if he's another central defender slotted in at right-back, might as well play James or Jennings there. I reckon 1-1.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Hadn't heard of Thompson before we signed him and am a bit concerned if he's another central defender slotted in at right-back, might as well play James or Jennings there. I reckon 1-1.

Thompson played centre back vs Rovers last season. They kept a clean sheet - good sign I guess! Although don't remember him standing out. Ollie James is out for 6 weeks with an injury, Steve Jennings is much more makeshift, wouldn't play him there unless we were very desperate.

I trust Ronnie's judgement on this, and if he feels this lad can play right back who are we do doubt him? Let's see...

Ally

Player
Aldo
This a must win if we are to stay with the chasing pack of play-off contenders. I think we can get a result against Bournemouth, we usually do. Remember the 5-1 away win the other season? Even David Beresford scored.

I agree with Scoops, and have faith in Ronnie to start turning things around. He really should have the lads fired up for this. A 2-0 win is on the cards I hope.

If we do get 3 points, then beat Millwall next Friday night, things will be looking up...

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
Agreed with the Taylor comments! He does bring something to the side when he starts even if its just good influence! And we've definitely been lacking something up front.

The performances haven't been bad and the team is strong, but we need goals goals goals if we're gonna get out of here.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I hope Ronnie is right and that our slump is now over. Another slump like this and we've had it for this season. So... onwards and upwards. I'm hoping this is the game we put things right. 3-1.

Status
Not open for further replies.