• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Tranmere Rovers Vs. Leyton Orient

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
Looking for another 3 points this Saturday, although as I will be at the Electric Picnic Festival over here for 3 whole days I will miss the game.

However Orient have yet to find their away form so far this season and are 4 points behind us in the league.

I'm gonna go for 2-0 to us (Mullin & Greenacre to score).

Come On Rovers!!!

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
And!

I looked up a head to head and the last 3 times we've played Leyton Orient in Prenton Park, we've beaten them 3-0 everytime so it has to be a sign. I'm gonna change my prediction to.....

3-0!

Player
Morrisey
Well the last few league games I have predicted on we have won and I have predicted a loss, so I will go for 1-0 to Orient. (Although my gut instinct says 2-2.)

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Always bet on a home win when the lads are playing at PP. 2-0.

Incidently, I've never heard of the Electric Picnic Festival so I did my research and there are some top bands on! Don't miss the Super Furries, top band! :)

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
If we're serious play-off contenders, this is the kind of game we must win. Don't really know that much about Orient, they came up last season and have lost both league games on their travels. 2-1 Rovers.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I think obviously anything less than a win on Saturday would be a disappointment and we will see how far we have come... if this had been last season it would be a game we expected to win but didn't so we will see if this year we may win some of these games. A win on Saturday would really get us going... it would mean three straight league wins and confidence being on the up going into the Bristol game on the friday (they won 3-1 away at Northampton tonight by the way). Obviously 6 points from the next two games should be the aim but I think if we beat Orient on Saturday then a draw against Bristol a week on friday wouldn't be a disaster and so it's important to try and take advantage and try and take the 3 points on Saturday! Come on Rovers!!!

white life

white for life
Player
John Achterberg, Craig Curran and Anthony Kay
lookin forward to this as we look pretty strong at the moment. 3-1 to the rovers, greenacre and taylor to get the goals

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
I think if we beat Orient on Saturday then a draw against Bristol a week on friday wouldn't be a disaster and so it's important to try and take advantage and try and take the 3 points on Saturday! Come on Rovers!!!

I wouldn't read too much into Bristol beating Northampton 3-1 considering 2 of the goals were penalties so other than that Bristol are still hanging around the low end. Which does surprise me because I had expected better from them this season.

Player
Morrisey
But they did play well with just 10 men and made chances. They have a top Keeper, Basso. Did anyone watch the game last night? Aiston was fairly shocking, didn't want to run.

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

I dont like predicting rovers scores but I really want our home form to stay at 100%. I dont know how to look at this game have people saying to me that we should win easy then other people saying to me that they are no push overs so I dont know what to expect. But there are no push overs in the league is there?

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I don't think Orient will be pushovers but if we can get a couple of early goals then we may get a comfortable win. We have to get at them from the start and not let them settle!

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Would love us to beat them well because I know a couple of Orient fans. Looking on Orient forum websites their fans aren't too confident... we need to get at them and score early on.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Team: Ward, Stockdale, McCready, Goodison, Sherriff, Shuker, McLaren, Mullin, Ellison, Greenacre, Taylor.

Subs: Achterberg, Tremarco, McAteer, Jennings, Davies.

They have Joe Keith playing for them who always seems to score against us or at least cause us problems!

P

Prenton

I've just seen that Ward is on the scoresheet can anyone tell me how?

B

Banana Army

An 85 yard free kick :-o :-o :-o

Beckham thinks he's good..... :lol:

B

Banana Army

Haha, look how casual BBC are when reporting the goal, like its a six yard tap in! :lol:

BBC said:
Lee Steele (Leyton Orient) caught offside. Free kick scored by Gavin Ward (Tranmere) left-footed (top-right of goal) from own half (35+ yards).Tranmere 1-0 Leyton Orient.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Was a free kick from 80 yards and bounced over their keeper and went in. We aint been great second half but good to see Greenacre getting a couple.

Status
Not open for further replies.