• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Tranmere 1 - Doncaster 0

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
Can I be the first to say that we so needed that win, and a well deserved 3 points by the sound of it. There didn't appear to be too many scares. At least thats what it sounded like.

How did Macca & Achto look? It certainly sounded like a more confident performance than we've given in a while. Puts us back in it and if we can even take a point against Yeovil next we I'll be more than happy.

What did you all think? What was the attendance?

Come On You Whites!!!

Player
Johnny Morrissey
It was a scrappy game. Not many chances, but we were the better side, mainly cos Donny played poorly. No really outstanding performances throughout the side but we were steady enough and got 3 valuable points in the end.

Attendence was average, about 6-7000 I reckon although haven't seen the exact number. Nice to see Robbo back and he got a big cheer for the SWA. Price (who moaned at every decision that went against Donny - not that many) and the greedy one (I can't say his name :twisted: ) got booed throughout!

Really gutted about Thommo. Looks like he's gonna be out for a fair while with medial ligaments damage. He looked the biz again for the short time he was on, and probably the tackle in which he picked up the injury was him being a bit over-committed in winning yet another tackle. He will be a miss in our team for sure. And a pathetic referee (again - we only get sh!t refs) has cost us Carlo Tremarco for the Yeovil game too with suspension, so we're very thin on the ground for defenders even more so now.

In summary, a great 3 points, a decent atmosphere in the Kop, we're back in the play off zone, off for a pint :-D

evo_trfc

Good win, needed it. wasn't there but seemed as though we controlled the game 5,965 according to ceefax, gutted about thompson been playing well since he's come back all be it for a short while

Keep it up against yeovil

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
Poor attendance, poor game, good outcomes are Achto starting! =D> And the result obviously.

needed the win thats the main thing.

Pete SWA!

good result and much needed 3 points ! was talking to Acto after the match and was good to see him with a smile again! after the Crew game was talkin to him and told me he was really down not even makin the bench as his kicking then was ok and ward could not kick and he felt he was being overlooked in other areas too!:-k we really need a result on sat now and will have to sit at home on the comp as i've just come out of hospital and cant travel YUCK! also talked to Robbo on sat and he was buzzin at the response of the crowd and said never say never when i asked if he would come back (intimatin he would crawl here over broken glass if asked !) sh1t Thor**0n also came up for a pint and was totally ignored and soon left dont know what else he expected? need goodison back now to cover the middle SWA!=D>

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I thought we did enough to win last Saturday although we didn't create too much. Was disappointed with how many Doncaster brought but then we didn't have that many home supporters did we! I must say I thought Greenacre looked a tad offside for his goal? Can anyone confirm this? I'm not complaining though! :-D