• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Tranmere 0-0 Bournemouth

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Unfortuantly we didn't take advantage while many other clubs were involved in the FA Cup. It sounded like it was one of thos days where it wouldn't go in. Jackson and Greenacre both went just wide and Sharps hit the bar. Greenacre was also denied by an excellent save by the Bournemouth keeper. McAteer had a free kick saved well too. Near the end Goodison had a header cleared of the line too and despite a some pressure towards the end they held out. Sounded like we gave the ball away quite a lot at times. Look forward to reading reports from the people who went!

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
Dissapointed the way we started we just battered them and we couldnt find the back of the net. Should hav etook all 3 bourentmouth were poor they hardlky had a shot on goal.

its a point gained but I felty we should have took all 3 easily.

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
Looks to me as if a pattern is forming. That's the third draw in 3 games against Bournemouth. The away game in September was scoreless too.

We could have gained some valuable ground today, but we've at least got to the dizzy heights of 14th. Only a couple of places away from top half of the table and a bit more security.

Well guys it's finally time to exact some revenge on Hartlepool for last years Paly Off Semis. Let's hope we can rise to the occasion. They're only 2 point behind us so it'll be a tight fixture [-o< [-o<

M

Matthew The Rover

Sounds like I didn't miss that. Scrap that, the panto was shite. Oh well, shouldn't be missing another home game this season, roll on Hartlepool.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
bolton_hater is right when he says a point gained but should have taken all three.

It was one of those frustrating games. And whilst we didn't play badly, we didn't play like we have been in recent games. But... in all fairness, I give some credit to Bournemouth who I thought played a good away game.

They were never here to win. Their one single shot on target is evidence of this. However they frustated us in the second half and we failed to take our chances when we had them mostly in the first half.

The atmosphere was crap, understandably there were not many away fans, everybody else seemed too cold to get a song going and it was just a frustrating game.

Surprised to see O'Leary and Facey on the bench, and Little's substitute's came far too late IMO. It would have made more sense to bring on Facey and have 3 up front, sacrifcing maybe Goodison at the back. Dino looked cold and bored, he had that little to do.

I'd say we were unlucky with Sharps hitting the bar and Greenacre's superb shot being saved by an equally superb save. But we had other chnaces which the lads should have take better. The game was there to be won, but they couldn't do it.

Still, on the bright side, haven't been beaten for five games, and that's now 11 in 15 so still going well, and we moved up one place to 14th!

Praying for a good result against the monkey hangers.

A

AndyRoo16

Bournemouth certainly were not expecting to win an we just couldnt score.....no 1 played particularly well i thought......despite us dominating...especially first half....
0-0 was just not a tru reflection of the game.....
2 points lost :(
....Bournemouth support was a disgrace... :lol: ...ther was onli bout 100 of dem :lol:

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Sounds like a good one to miss. Suppose we should be grateful Facey's back, with Calvin potentially out of action in the African Cup . Though it sounds like the defenders were the ones who went closest

P

PaulCook'sMagicLeftFoot

AndyRoo16 said:
Bournemouth certainly were not expecting to win an we just couldnt score.....no 1 played particularly well i thought......despite us dominating...especially first half....
....Bournemouth support was a disgrace... :lol: ...ther was onli bout 100 of dem :lol:

Fair play to them though, it's 5 and a half hours on the train after all.

Thought they were one of the worst sides we've played this season. Unfortunatly we looked tired and couldn't kill them off. We had chances though.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
This is exactly what it sounded like on the commenatry... Bournemouth here to defend and we wasted a few chances! Could do with a win at Hartlepool now!

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
One word for hartlepool - Revenge!

B

bwilliams

how correct

BRING THEM ON!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

B

Banana Army

PaulCook'sMagicLeftFoot said:
AndyRoo16 said:

Fair play to them though, it's 5 and a half hours on the train after all.

Thought they were one of the worst sides we've played this season. Unfortunatly we looked tired and couldn't kill them off. We had chances though.

Yeh but i went to the 0-0 game at Bournemouth and there must have been a good 400 at least there from Tranmere.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
brilliant support from us that night bounremouth brought about 100 which isnt disgraceful as it is like 6 hours. I thought they would have took more but credit to those who went.