• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

TONY WARNER

drwhoman

There are reports that he has signed for the Wellington Phoenix in NZ. The same team for which Chris Greenacre still plays as does Paul Ifill ex Millwall.

The Queensland Roar (dreadful name!) the team Gareth Edds played for last season went bust so he may be back in UK.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I wonder if he regrets leaving Rovers. I thought he had offers from other Football League clubs.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I thought he had an offer with Blackburn?

That said, I know one of Chris Greenacre's in-laws and sounds like Chris thoroughly enjoys life playing in NZ, so can understand Warner being tempted.

drwhoman

I lived in Wellington for two years. It is a very pleasant city - gets a bit cool and windy in the winter (but no more so than UK) but generally a very nice spot. As the only NZ professional soccer team you get plenty of local media coverage while there are regular trips across the Tasman for A League away games. Wellington to Sydney is only a couple of hours flight.