• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Tonight's results

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Some crazy games tonight, but victory for Dover and defeat for Braintree means there is now only one play-off place still up for grabs. It seems it will be a straight fight between Rovers, Braintree, Wrexham and Eastleigh for fifth place. By a bizarre twist of fate, we play two of those sides in the next three games and the run-in is going to be incredibly competitive.

As a side note, Torquay won again tonight with Blissett scoring another goal. Our last four matches are going to be very tough.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Yes, Dover came from one down and as good as secure their play-off place with a win. Braintree fading and feel Wrexham and Beastleigh are the greater threat. Not feeling too confident.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Yes Dover once again doing the business and scoring goals.

Torquay is going to be tough but we have to win - simple.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Dover have held their nerve and are having a decent run in. Braintree have lost it a bit. I would say we need four wins out of four. These really are MUST WIN games now.

Stickman

Player
Aldo
I was at the Alty v Dover match. It's a shame Alty couldn't hold on but Dover had too much for them second half. It looks like we're playing for 5th place now but you never know. It's not impossible for Dover or even Grimsby to slip up, we've all seen it happen over the years. I actually think 3 wins will be enough as a lot of the teams at the top have to play each other in the remaining games. Whether we can get 3 wins is a different matter entirely.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I was at the Alty v Dover match. It's a shame Alty couldn't hold on but Dover had too much for them second half. It looks like we're playing for 5th place now but you never know. It's not impossible for Dover or even Grimsby to slip up, we've all seen it happen over the years. I actually think 3 wins will be enough as a lot of the teams at the top have to play each other in the remaining games. Whether we can get 3 wins is a different matter entirely.

We have no chance of catching Grimsby and very little chance of catching Dover, its one place up for grabs between us, Eastleigh, Braintree & Wrexham

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Do you live out that way? I'm toying with the idea of going to Guiseley for Wrexham's visit next Tuesday, if it matters by then.

Stickman

Player
Aldo
We have no chance of catching Grimsby and very little chance of catching Dover, its one place up for grabs between us, Eastleigh, Braintree & Wrexham
I agree with that only because I don't think we'll win all our games. IF we did, I would suggest that we'll be a lot closer to Dover and Grimsby than you think.

Stickman

Player
Aldo
Do you live out that way? I'm toying with the idea of going to Guiseley for Wrexham's visit next Tuesday, if it matters by then.
Yes, I live near Alty. Usually go and watch them a few times a season when Rovers are not at home.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
A mixed bag at half time.

Eastleigh winning, Braintree drawing and Wrexham 3-0 down at guisely!

Player
Manager
John King
Some remarkable results tonight. Wrexham battered at Guiseley, which does not completely surprise me as we had a difficult game there a few weeks ago. Wrexham are surely out of it now and it will be interesting to see what the reaction of their players is on Saturday. Eastleigh won comfortably and seem to be coming back into form at the wrong time from our point of view, but the biggest shock is Braintree winning at Grimsby when it seemed they were falling apart in recent weeks.

It is ridiculously tight now: Rovers level on points with Braintree and one ahead of Eastleigh who have a game in hand. I think we need to win all three games to make the play-offs.

Grimsby are in terrible form at the moment but should (just) sneak into the top five regardless.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
We said with four games to go we needed to win all four. Tonight's results reinforce that. Fantastic result for Braintree who are still fighting and this will give them confidence for the remaining few games. I would agree with RLC and say Wrexham are pretty much out of it now after tonight's poor result. If Grimsby continue to lose we could actually catch them, but I think the big threat for me is Eastleigh who can still overtake us with their game in hand.

Amazing the last three games are against Wrexham, Eastleigh and Grimsby. Beat Wrexham and Eastleigh and we should be in a great position for our game against Grimsby.
Quite an exciting end to a not so exciting season!

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Quinn has been saying before tonight we'd rather have played a team like Wrexham rather than a mid table side with no pressure etc and nothing to play for.

Wrexham can still make it mathematically but it's unlikely. Will this make the game harder? Does their result conceding 3 at guisely perhaps mean we should be ultra positive on Saturday and go for the jugular!

Player
Manager
John King
Assuming that we at least match Eastleigh's performance this weekend, our game there in eleven days takes on massive proportions.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Expected the Eastleigh win, though hoped Barrow's decent form might see them take something. I was surprised at Wrexham losing at Guiseley, who've been on a poor run and have lost a couple of decent players. Gobsmacked at Braintree beating Grimsby.

I don't think Wrexham's defeat makes Saturday's game any easier for us. Firstly, while there's a mathematical chance, however slim, they could still sneak the play-offs, think they must go for it, while even if they accept their cause is hopeless, the chance to pee on our chips would be too good to pass up.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I don't think Wrexham's defeat makes Saturday's game any easier for us. Firstly, while there's a mathematical chance, however slim, they could still sneak the play-offs, think they must go for it, while even if they accept their cause is hopeless, the chance to pee on our chips would be too good to pass up.
Fair point. We've got to put in three top performances if we are going to do it. Tough games ahead..

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
At least our fate is now in our own hands. I never thought I'd see this again this season. Unfortunately one slip and it's probably over so I think we won't quite get there. GB's leadership skills will have to be top notch and we'll need a good slice of luck.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Not that it really matters now, but there's a couple of games tonight which will see everyone on 44 games.

Halifax v Eastleigh
Woking v Grimsby

Come on Halifax and Woking! :rolleyes:

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Hoping Halifax will win, as it's another local game for me next season if they stay up.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
If Halifax win or draw, we can overtake Eastleigh if we beat them on Saturday. However, if Eastleigh win then they only need a draw to see us off and stay ahead of Braintree.