• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Three candidates

• Thread starter Matthew The Rover
  • Start date
M

Matthew The Rover

Who do you think they are?

I think they are the following:

Martin Allen (employed by League One club Brentford)
Brian Laws (employed by League One club Scunthorpe, complete guess as I don't think it's Ronnie Moore, he ruled himself out at the weekend)

John Aldridge (unemployed)

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I'm not too sure, but I wouldnt rule Ronnie Moore out of this list. He's now left Oldham and taken his assistant with him. Hmm..

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
Why Brian Laws? I've followed Scunthorpes progress over the years as my Brother's a big fan and I can't see any reason why Lawsie would leave for Tranmere.

B

Banana Army

I am fairly certain, the managers in question are aldo, allen and moore. A completely random sacking, for Moore, he had a good season with them. I can only assume that he is finalising a deal with us now.

I'd say Moore is number 1 candidate and will almost certainly get the job, i'd say Allen was in talks, but refused us (thus the confusion over whether he was at Brentford or not) and then Aldo, a fail safe. keep him there as back up. If all else fails, then 1/2 of Birkenhead will be happy and we'll have an average season.

C

championship_here_we_come

Brentford chairman Greg Dyke told the Times: "We have now given Tranmere permission to talk to Martin subject to them paying us compensation for the remaining year of his contract. As his contract states that he must give us three months' notice, we could have stopped him working for the next three months, but it is not worth it"

C

Moore has now left oldham
bentford give us permission to talk to Allen
the other is out of contract

things are looking good we can now have the pick of any three

ps i sure i posted this topic yesterday what happened to it????

M

Matthew The Rover

Now that Moore has left Oldham he must be the third choice

C

Matthew The Rover said:
Now that Moore has left Oldham he must be the third choice

moore was one the the ones under contract the club sadi this before he left oldham

J

Johnny King is God

Ask me no questions, and I will tell you NO lies.

This 100% accurate information from a source within TRFC I cant name.

1] Aldo interviewed for the position and was definitely offered the job, which he dwelled upon, came back to the club and refused!

2] Martin Allen has left Brentford after he interviewed for the tranmere job. He was offered the position informally and is delaying his response as he now has other offers.

Not sure who the third candidate is, if there is one at all [McAteer?]

The club fully expects to apoint Martin Allen as the new manager subject to Allen officially accepting their agreement in principal and TRFC agreeing a compo payment to Brentford.

If he gets the job, can you imagine how entertaining griffin park will be next year. He is going to get a barrage of abuse!

This is the gospel truth.

Trust me.

C

if papers are to be trusted he is on holiday for a week in dubai so wont return till next tuesday, so if it is Allen expect the annoucment Tuesday or Wedenesday next week

M

Matthew The Rover

championship_here_we_come said:
moore was one the the ones under contract the club sadi this before he left oldham

Yes, he is the third one. I origally said Allen, Aldo and guessed at Laws.

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
Made my day that has, the news that Ronnie Moore left Oldham. Although it had been on the cards it still came as a surprise that they parted company. Which almost certainly means he is one of the three candidates. As far as I'm concerned, he's not the third one, he's the first one.

J

Johnny King is God

actually this makes his move less likely.

His contract was terminated by Oldham, and there is no way they would have done that if they would have been eligible for compensation for Tranmere poachinmg him.