• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Swindon 1-0 Tranmere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Very quiet on here today. What do we all think then?

Were Ronnie's tactics right?

Were we just unlucky to concede at the end? It sounded like we had a fairly comfortable first half. Swindon seemed to attack more in the second but I get this feeling that if we had pushed forward more we could have got more out of the game.

Greenacre seemed lost, out on the right, wasted really for someone with his goalscoring pedigree. There didn't seem to be much creativity though. With Davies and Shuker out of the squad, I think we struggled. Having said that, there were a few shots on target, Jennings pushing forward on occasions.

evo_trfc

good game between two teams who i think wwill go up.

We were never going to get past their two centre backs they were solid throughout.
A draw would have been a fair result.

Chorley and KAy both played very well jennings huffed and puffed sherrif was awful imo looked like he didnt no the rules giving away stupid fouls all the time.

COyne had a good game couple of decent saves

zola came on and looked very good and curran came on two late. We lacked pace today

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Sounded to me like Greenacre was lost out on the right. Felt like we should have taken the game to Swindon. If you play 451 you have to use your set pieces and we didn't do that today whereas at Southend we did. I feel maybe bringing Curran and Zola on earlier may have been the soloution. Yes they may have scored but so may we have and at the end of the day they scored anyway when it was too late to do anything about it.

Very disappointing defeat... probably more so because we have drawn our last 3 home games. If we had won 2 of those last 3 home games yesterday wouldn't have hurt as much. The worrying thing for me is that it seemed Ronnie went there for a point yesterday... at Southend he didn't as much. If we are going to Swindon hoping to nick a point that tells me Ronnie doesn't think we are good enough.

In my opinion we definitely need a left winger in before Friday... I'm hoping to see a good win on Friday because we definitely need one. Plus we have a tough month in November. Trips to Forest and Doncaster and home games with Oldham and Swansea.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Having seen the goal on The Championship, I'm not entirely sure what's going on in defence. Their goalscorer seemed to run into the area unmarked, and get his shot in. Worst of all, Chorley's defending looked dodgy as the ball past his feet into the net. He'd got into a good position, just behind Coyne, but his feet didn't seem to go in the direction he wanted.

Also disappointed that Achterberg didn't keep his place as I think he's deserved to with some good performances in the absence of Coyne.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
I think we all got too carried away with the top of the league stuff. We haven't been playing all that well imo, and from the sounds of reports I've read we were ultra-defensive on Saturday.

Obviously disappointing to concede so late on in the game. Just a disappointing weekend. As I didn't go the game, don't think I can comment much more.

Player
Curran,Humey,R.Taylor,Goodison,Jacko,Robbo
One word SH!T!!they played like they went for a 0-0 draw:( a good finish for the goal but should have been marked!!what a sh1t weekend 4 english sport and tranmere!!!!
we took a good following and they played shocking kay and tremacro played well & y bring curran on in th last min and zola with 15mins and play greenacre on the wing??y not put jenno there and put greenacre upfront??

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I mean you have to admit they were unlucky to concede in the final few minutes. And generally, a defensive attitude away from home isn't unusual. It sounded like a rubbish performance overall.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Didn't go, in fact another few weeks before I get to see Rovers again.

On the face of it, we did get the tactics wrong. Why play one of the best strikers at this level in Chris Greenacre on the wing? If we had to play 4-5-1, then Curran or Mike Jones surely better on the wing. Would have preferred 4-4-2 given the personnel available.

Agree with Ian, big Jon should have kept his place on his form. although it doesn't sound as though Danny at fault for the goal?

Player
Y Play John In Goal? We Have An International Keeper Like The Song Goes "danny Coyne's an International"

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Danny Coyne isn't the Wales no 1. I'd go with picking the man in form.

Player
Well He's An Internatinal John Isnt And Danny Is Defo Better Than John!i Think John Is Sh!t I Would Rather Have Gavin Ward Than Him!!

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Well He's An Internatinal John Isnt And Danny Is Defo Better Than John!i Think John Is Sh!t I Would Rather Have Gavin Ward Than Him!!

1 word for you mate... MUPPET!:twisted:

Player
one word for u!

W*NKER!!!!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy