• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Still 2nd..

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Nice to see Vale losing at home today to keep us in 2nd. And also, Carlisle beating Cheltenham.

What impresses me the most after 6 games, if how well the defence is doing. They've only let in 2 goals in 6 games. That's a mean defence and shares the same record as Forest who are top.

If we can keep that defence as tight, we stand a great chance of success this season as goals will always come.

Some teams are into double figures already such as Crewe (conceded 11), Bournemouth and Chesterfield (conceded 10).. Leyton Orient (conceded 12) :razz:

Next week should be interesting, as we play Friday night, and that should allow us to see how Sat pans out with Forest playing away at Yeovil.

Ally

Player
Aldo
Quite right Ian, and Yeovil isn't the easiest place to go and get a result. I think we'll pip City on Friday, particularly as a few of their players are doing a bit of bird at the moment.:???: They also sold their best player, David Cotterill, last week. With Brooker behind bars they may struggle for goals.

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
"Remind me again why I support Tranmere?"

Hey Ally, I think it's time you changed your signature???? :lol: :lol:

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
We seem to have quite a lot of results going in our favour so far this season... obviously its only early doors and there are still 40 games to go but if the defence keeps tight like Ian says we are in with a chance.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I thought three of their lads were behind bars.

Player
Morrisey
They are, for commiting afray(?). Two for a month and one for 2 months.