• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Steve Davies

T

trfc_lid

What does everyone think will happen with the situation regarding Steve Davies? Should we sell him in the January transfer window to raise some much needed cash or wait till the end of the season?

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Who in their right mind is going to buy someone in January who is crocked??? The best plan for us to do is get the lad fit, then get him signed up on a long-term deal at TRFC!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I don't believe anything will happen. Firstly because he's injured and no-one will show any interest, secondly, he then neds to get his fitness levels back and play games, all takes time. I'm not the biggest fan of Davies, but we haven't half missed him on the left. Natural left sides players seem to be a rarity in these leagues, so I wouldn't be letting him go anywhere.. There's still plenty of time for the lad. He's young, can improve and will have a good few seasons in a Tranmere shirt yet.

Player
Goodison
I'm not Davies's biggest fan but it would be worth keeping him for a few more seasons to see if he develops into a quality player. With regard to keeping him or not - it's all down to the player. His contract expires at the end of this season so if he wants to leave I would try and sell him now, however I don't think many clubs would fall for that trick as he's out for the rest of the season so they would just sign him in the summer. I don't see him going anyway in January because of his injury but if he wants to stay, I would sort out a new contract whilst he's injured as it's a perfect time to do it and it would clear off any interest from other teams such as Leeds.

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
Who in their right mind is going to buy someone in January who is crocked??? The best plan for us to do is get the lad fit, then get him signed up on a long-term deal at TRFC!

Couldn't agree more. UP until he took the knock, he was player of the season for me. Why in gods name would you let someone like that go just yet. And I can't see any club looking to buy someone that will spend the first couple of months in teh medical centre and on the training pitch. January purchases are for immediate impact, otherwise there's no point.