• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Signing Michael Kay on full-time deal

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
SSN reports that we're in talks with Sunderland.

In other news, Lateef's loan deal is going to be renewed on Monday, but the length of this extension is as of yet undefined. Also, unconfirmed reports that Andy Robinson is set to appear on Channel 4's 'Embarassing Bodies', revealing the secrets behind his daily intake of 12,000 calories and subsequent inability to run.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I saw this on the OS. Apparently, Les has agreed terms with Sunderland should the deal go through. Does this mean we are actually willing to pay a transfer fee for him? Either way, it's good news. At worst he could be another Andy Taylor who gave us good service before being sold on at a profit.

More good news if we can keep Lateef until the end of the season. We don't have too many players who know where the net is.

Then I saw Tim Cathalina is back from injury and featuring in a behind closed doors match against Liverpool tomorrow. This game will feature two trialists (midfield and centre back).

All this is very positive. We are still looking to improve the squad and have the budget. Young players are happy to join us. The atmosphere in the dressing room must be quite upbeat, despite recent rumours to the contrary.

Player
Goodison
I suspect we will get Kay for nothing but with some sort of sell on clause. Les obviously has no faith in Cathalina if he's trying to sign Kay permanently...

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
I suspect we will get Kay for nothing but with some sort of sell on clause. Les obviously has no faith in Cathalina if he's trying to sign Kay permanently...

It's proved hard to get him fit, in fairness. Kay looks a solid defender at this level and I'm happy we're in talks to sign him.