• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Shuker set to Miss Season Opener

Player
Goodison
Chris Shuker is set to miss the start of the season with a muscle injury. The same one which plagued him for much off last season, although apparently it's not that serious.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/t/tranmere_rovers/7533294.stm

Ronnie Moore has also revelaed he hopes to sign Steve Jennings and Charlie Barnett. The signing of Jennings would be a major boost after the loss of Tranmere's best midfielder, Paul McLaren to Bradford.

Charlie Barnett could concievably be McLarens replacement who Ronnie Moore has spoken highly about (He did say that about Ellison though!). Barnett could be the creative spark the side currently seems to lack or he could be another decent young player lost to a fellow football league club - if Rovers don't get a move on!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Bad news about Shukes. From what I say Saturday, Sonko didn't look comfortable in a front three and Godwin didn't provide much down the right. Is Mike Jones fixed up with a new club yet ...? The Jennings situation is getting tedious. We should offer Charlie Barnett a deal now and if that means there isn't enough money to keep Jennings, then tough!

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
We could really do with both Jennings and Barnett. We are hardly flush with quality midfielders, even if we play 4-3-3.

Player
Goodison
Mike Jones has signed for Bury on a 12 month deal. We should have kept him, he's a good player, I would play him ahead of Shuker at least he attempts to go past people.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
It is bad news about Shukes, a bit worrying too! I hope he's not going to be plagued from now on with these injuries..

This Charlie Barnett character sounds interesting. Ronnie seems quite excited about him. Sign him up, what's the worst that can happen? Might be a spark we need in midfield.