• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Shambles 0 Pirates 1

amplesou

Banned
Player
Dave Higgins
I'm not sure what staying away from Prenton Park is achieving?! Christ, if we all did that there would be no Tranmere Rovers. Is this your personal protest?

Do tell us ohh wise one we're we've all been going wrong? :roll:

And PJ isn't waiting around trying to get his 5.5m back. He's stuck with a club he can't sell whether he likes it or not.

If he was waiting around at his age then why not give it over to the fans to gear the club forward

He does not need the money so let it go and lets all move on.
is it worth anything any way as a going concerne no! if its broken up into its component parts its worth quite a bit but in the current financial situation who is buying !
loriane rodgers was forever coming up with marketing ideas.
pj does not do that ,he just wield the axe fincially.
pj is not right for running this club, and the soon the fans realise this the better !
the current position is his !
Take or leave him it will only get worse it can,t be any other way!
The only action the fans can take is to let pj know, in no uncertain terms the fans have had enough and now want change!
Pj will just go on surving because the rate of decent is so slow ,i mean what is the average life of real match going fans any way ,what 10 years or so ,well we have been in this league for that long i think!
Its a slow death ,any faster and pj would be out on is ear imop!!!!

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
I find it bizarre that someone would have such forthright views about a club that they don't even support or watch. Of course people have a right to stop going to the home games because they don't like Peter Johnson but it's a pretty ineffective protest vote. Any concious move to weaken his position exponentially weakens that of the club.

Tranmere are a business and if cashflow is down because people like you don't come to games any more then the amount of money the club are able to spend on players and staff will obviously be cut. And then people like you complain and point the finger at the chairman and staff when ultimately you should be looking in the mirror when you're searching for a scapegoat. And ultimately it's people like us you have to thank for the fact that the club you 'follow' still exists.

Do a demonstration at the next home game, hopefully get the recrime removed !

And what a great shame it is that you wouldn't be in attendance. Perhaps you could read about it on here.

Player
Goodison
"PJ hasn't made a good decision yet"

Yeah appointing John King as manager and more recently sacking John Barnes were really bad decisions:roll:. Get a grip.

Player
Goodison
Tranmere have always struggled for decent attendances, even in our peak during the 1990's our attendances did not exceed 10,000. For some reason the Wirral public have never taken to Tranmere, the influence of Liverpool and Everton doesn't help but the way the club is run PR wise certainly doesn't help. There always seems to be a lack of communication between the fans and the club.

One of our current problems which is causing low attendances is the lack of ambition at the club, yes we don't have much money to be ambitious with but we could at least try to pass the ball along the floor occasionally. If we play a bit of good football - which our players are capable of doing, we should get bigger attendances.

That's my main grievance with Les, having a low budget isn't an excuse for playing hoofball - look at Eddie Howe when he was at Bournemouth. They couldn't even sign anyone for 2 years yet they're one of the best footballing sides in the division. You argue the lack of passing football played under Ronnie Moore meant that crowds never reached their potential, although some of it was also a hangover from Brian Little. It would have been interesting to see if crowds went up after the season we finished 7th if Ronnie Moore was left in charge.

amplesou

Banned
Player
Dave Higgins
"PJ hasn't made a good decision yet"

Yeah appointing John King as manager and more recently sacking John Barnes were really bad decisions:roll:. Get a grip.

i am talking about resently since pj is runings the club ,not way back last century.....!!!!:twisted:

I have it on good authority that johny king was the worst manager, tranmere have ever had ,the players won things despite him not becuase of him !
A real non footballing manager if ever there was such a thing!

There you go thats a big one is,nt it ,well that info came from a sucesfull manager now, who played in jk ,s most succesfull period and a legend on here !
But i won,t say who!

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I wouldnt normally comment on other peoples posts but to say JK wasnt a good manager is, well what can I say...possibly the most ridiculous thing I have seen mentioned on these message boards.

Do you say these things because you mean them or simply just to cause a stir and get a reaction ?

And getting rid of Barnes wasnt last century and was fairly recent.

amplesou

Banned
Player
Dave Higgins
I find it bizarre that someone would have such forthright views about a club that they don't even support or watch. Of course people have a right to stop going to the home games because they don't like Peter Johnson but it's a pretty ineffective protest vote. Any concious move to weaken his position exponentially weakens that of the club.

Tranmere are a business and if cashflow is down because people like you don't come to games any more then the amount of money the club are able to spend on players and staff will obviously be cut. And then people like you complain and point the finger at the chairman and staff when ultimately you should be looking in the mirror when you're searching for a scapegoat. And ultimately it's people like us you have to thank for the fact that the club you 'follow' still exists.

And what a great shame it is that you wouldn't be in attendance. Perhaps you could read about it on here.

Sonk, i do the support the club and do go to some home games ,but how many season can i stand and watch our decline and i can do nothing !

I did not say i disliked pj !!! where do you get that from !!! oh i see you just sneaked that one in ,while no one was watching!!!

like,s dislike,s does not matter here anyway ,capitalist with money which due to his own skill and ability rises him well above most imop

The board have to give us something to hold on to, and the lie can not go on forever .
As frank corfe said to me some years ago the chickens will come home to rouste re pj !

Problem is where does it all end?

Sonk i have been down that road for many seasons of mindless hope supporting tranmere,(and in the late 60/70,s) but its a losers game...

some guy in the stand with a load of money is what wins football matches consistantly not a second rate coache/second rate players /and a handfull of die hards ( me in the past)

Directors know there is little chance with out investment ,so no investment then pj move on!
You won,t be missed liked/disliked/forgotten/remembered it does not matter

amplesou:cold:

amplesou

Banned
Player
Dave Higgins
I wouldnt normally comment on other peoples posts but to say JK wasnt a good manager is, well what can I say...possibly the most ridiculous thing I have seen mentioned on these message boards.

Do you say these things because you mean them or simply just to cause a stir and get a reaction ?

And getting rid of Barnes wasnt last century and was fairly recent.

That comment was from a very good and respected source imop, so maybe something to my comment ,but i do expect a backlash from that one !

Getting rid of Barnes was the correct desition of course he was culturily miles apart from where we are ,but why bring that up it was pj desition after sacking RM has since caused this instability ever since so pj was just undoing a bad appointment in the first place ?

O

OneNightInGayParis

This is one of the most bizarre threads I have followed on WR. This is football, it is a game. We may follow our team live, on TV or take no interest at all. The law of averages say you will win as many as you lose over a period of time. You enjoy the good performances and wins and choose whether it is worth your £20 to go and watch it. If it isn't you may stop. It is a pleasure, a break from everyday life and from the myriad of stresses life brings. We don't choose the owner, the board, the manager, the players or the tactics they employ. We take an interest and have a view but no right - since when has football ever meant to have been democratic? Amplesou - your comments almost sound like a call to arms; the Tolpuddle Martyrs, Patriots, Libyan people and, even, Emeline Pankhurst may have had a cause - but this is "football", a game. You sound like an armchair Che Guevara - get a life!

M

Mal

Personally, I don't think it is any given Manager, it is something within the psyche of the club. Remember the team of the late 90's seemingly being motivated against the big teams and losing against the relegation-group members? I seem to recall that even when we got to Wembley in 88 centenary it was because we were measured on a small period of winning , before and after which we were dire. So, apart from a few years when we had Nevin, Aldridge and co and got to the playoffs, our overall performance has been erratic to say the least. One year under Little, near playoffs, next year, relegation dogfight. Try to do total football under Barnes and we find we can't, using 8 midfielders and two forwards (sorry :). Perhaps the club members are 'too friendly' and not fully professional and focused. Anyway, I don't see anything I haven't since 1968 - we are back to no money. And Amplesou, without PJ you would have had no successful history to compare the latest demise against. Before that, we always bottled it when near to success. And after that, even under Ronnie, it returned to that - always falling short. So I think we need more than a change of Management and Loadsamoney, we need a cultural change. Anyone got a Psychology degree?

amplesou

Banned
Player
Dave Higgins
Sorry my coments are a bit extreme,but i tell the truth as i see it!

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Not much to say really. We were dreadful, they were slightly better. The last six games have been poor. 2 points from a possible 18 and we're back in the scrap at the bottom, big time. I hope we can sort it out soon, not sure I can stomach another relegation battle going down to the wire!:-&