• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Season ticket prices 2024/25

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Need to get mine before the deadline!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
For the core supporters, it really does make sense to do it now. Offering the interest free monthly payments is also great for spreading the cost out.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
3000 have now been sold ahead of tonight's deadline, a fantastic effort.
I wonder how many other EFL clubs have more than half their crowd as season ticket holders. Although our average is a little over 6,000, some are away fans. I know many EPL clubs do, because of capacity issues, but I think our fans are the best. It's not as if we've had a lot to cheer recently.

3000 have now been sold ahead of tonight's deadline, a fantastic effort.
Certainly vindicates Palios’ pricing strategy again, despite grumbles along the way.

I reckon the manager can take a chunk of credit for sewing a sense of optimism for next season too. After being bottom third for nearly a full season, without such optimism the numbers might have noticeably declined.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I reckon the manager can take a chunk of credit for sewing a sense of optimism for next season too. After being bottom third for nearly a full season, without such optimism the numbers might have noticeably declined.
Absolutely.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Certainly vindicates Palios’ pricing strategy again, despite grumbles along the way.

Agreed. I liked Micky, but he was a bit dour. Nigel is a breath of fresh air with his optimism and enthusiasm. He's also a local lad who's played for the club.

How many senior clubs can boast a manager, assistant manager, first team coach, goalkeeping coach and owner who have all played for the club? Answer : just one!

How many senior clubs can boast a manager, assistant manager, first team coach, goalkeeping coach and owner who have all played for the club? Answer : just one!
That kind of closeness is something I’ve always associated with the club. It‘s probably an asset, although it can sometimes feel like a constraint! Either way it does seem to be part of the club’s identity.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
That kind of closeness is something I’ve always associated with the club. It‘s probably an asset, although it can sometimes feel like a constraint! Either way it does seem to be part of the club’s identity.
It does say something positively about the long term embedded culture of a club if staff are willing to return. Something I'd really never thought about, since the mere mention of bringing back ex-players/coaches is typically followed by a mass whinge!

Last edited:
Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
It does say something positively about the long term embedded culture of a club if staff are willing to return. Something I'd really never thought about, since the mere mention of bringing back ex-players/coaches is typically followed by a mass whinge!
I've looked back and in the last nine years alone ten former players have returned to the club after a spell away. That does not include Glatzel and Apter, who both extended their loan spells. Before that, you've got the likes of Andy Robinson, Ronnie Moore, Mark Palios himself and George Yardley to name but three. Who might return next season - Calum Macdonald?

dollar'sbloke

Player
morrissey
Manager
king
That's because many modern fans have one solution to everything, sack everyone and by default previous employees will be former offenders

dollar'sbloke

Player
morrissey
Manager
king
I've looked back and in the last nine years alone ten former players have returned to the club after a spell away. That does not include Glatzel and Apter, who both extended their loan spells. Before that, you've got the likes of Andy Robinson, Ronnie Moore, Mark Palios himself and George Yardley to name but three. Who might return next season - Calum Macdonald?
Do for me. To be honest when wages were normal, you moved to nearby clubs and often returned nearer home towards the end of your career. Steve Edwards some may remember, local lad came back from Crewe so he could get a pitch on Bhead market having had the glamour of Oldham previously. Aldo's missus saw the convenience of us as the pulling factor.
Players we've actually had before of course leave a personily reference which is pretty important. Calum sadly seemed a bit mercenary, I'd hope he has matured a bit and become more like Morris. Take the best offer but don't sit out pre-season waiting for one!!