• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Scunny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
OK folks. well, this is it. Crunch time.

This really is a "must win game". What are your thoughts?
Scunny had a good win on Tues. 3-0 at home and that will give them confidence.

I think if we can keep the game tight in the first 25 mins, we can gradually start to wind them down, but it means everyone has to perform. There's no excuses now. Like Ronnie says, " if they cant be up for this game, they shouldnt be footballers".

Did we all get tickets? Seemed to be a real scramble for those last few hundred in the end. 1600 of us going down, its going to be a great atmosphere from the SWA whatever happens.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Got tickets, looking forward to it with trepidation though! Scunny obviously had a comfortable win last night, think it was always going to be our best chance if we needed to win. Going there knowing a draw will do rarely pays dividends and hopefully will be the case for them.

Just want to see us have a go and give it everything. If we miss out but leave nothing in the tank then fair enough, but if we just peeter out and don't turn up then it will be a big disappointment.

Should be an excellent atmosphere, we've sold out our allocation so hopefully everyone will be bang up for it and cheer the lads on.

Player
Goodison
I've got tickets but in the home end unfortuantely lol, have to cover up my colours! Even if (Heaven forbid) we go 1 down we need the noise to keep going, the time for any kind of negativity will be afterwards.

I think Scunny winning against Cheltenham is actually the best result because if they had lost we would have probably turned up and tried to play for a draw, now we have to go out there and play.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Totally agree we need players who'll give 100%. I'd like to see Cresswell left midfield, Barnett or even Moore on the right and no Sonko in the starting XI. Ian's right about keeping it tight early on. 20 years since Arsenal took the title from Liverpool by winning there last game and their strategy was similar. Not quite as much at stake, but the chance to enter the play-off lottery good enough for me!

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Totally agree we need players who'll give 100%. I'd like to see Cresswell left midfield, Barnett or even Moore on the right and no Sonko in the starting XI.

Yerrrrs....we agree on something.

Moore and Curran can't play up top together, so let's go with Curran and Gornell and stick Moore out wide. If not, Cresswell would be a nice inclusion on the left.

Scunny, won 2 in 7, current form. I'd almost rather be playing them away as the atmosphere will be like Oldham but even better.

Player
Goodison
I think we are all agreeing on the anyone but Sonko line up!

Ally

Player
Aldo
Absolutely bricking it. Win the next 4 and we're in the championship [-o<

Jeeeeeeeesus H Christ. Good luck to the lads, I'll have everything crossed. It's a cup final really isn't it?

Player
Jimmy Harvey
Tomorrow promises to be a great day. The game itself is now more like a cup tie than a league game with us definately having to go there and win.(Which to be honest I am happy about) If the result doesnt go for us tomorrow though we shouldnt lose sight of what a great job Ronnie and the lads have done this season. We have probably over achieved with a squad of players that have been assembled on a shoe string budget. My only hope is they go down there tomorrow up for a battle. We can win there no question, and the support from the travelling hordes should create a fantastic atmosphere. As for team selection there is absolutely no way we can carry anyone, all of those who play have to leave it all on the pitch, so probably best to leave Sonko on the bench and play with either Creswell or moore out wide.
A nail biting time awaits us all, by five o'clock the season could either be over or we could be 2 games away from Wembley. Good luck to Ronnie and the lads! Tranmere till I die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:-({|=

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
im getting nervous now..

Player
Liam Palmer
There will be some interesting team news for Rovers.... Not what we expect either.

Really confident we can go there and win. Gonna enjoy it.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
SUUUUUUUUUWHYARMYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!

=D>[-o<=D>[-o<=D>[-o<=D>[-o<\\:D/

CRESTTranmereRovers.jpg

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
you broke my forum!! #-o=D>

Ally

Player
Aldo
Clammy hands... biting nails... it's moments like this that make me want to start smoking again...

Up the whites!=D>

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Yeah, my nerves are shredded too. Achto putting Danny through the warm-up routine seems fairly calm.

Status
Not open for further replies.