• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Scott Thyer

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
Does anyone know of a club taking on Scott Thyer? He's been a prominent player in the Wales youth teams for a few years now, while he was on the books at Tottenham.

I'm guessing a few of you (those that watch the youth internationals on digital telly) may recognise the name. I do and I vaguely remember him as being a good centre forward.

From what little information I've been able to find online he's listed as released (2005). And his last mention for the Wales U-19s was as a stand-by player back in July, and I'm guessing he's no longer being selected as he's just turned 20.

Another sad story of a player not quite making it? Surely someone will take him on in January. I can't see it being us, being as we have already Steve Davies and Chris Dagnall itching for first-team places, but it's such a shame to hear about a 20 year old with ability, and youth international experience that very few have, not having a club.

A

AndyRoo16

hmmmm....shame....he must have bin decent if he had youth international games....but ya no hes welsh.....wat do u expect!!!!! :lol:

B

Banana Army

NeverBeatDaveHiggins said:
Does anyone know of a club taking on Scott Thyer? He's been a prominent player in the Wales youth teams for a few years now, while he was on the books at Tottenham.

I'm guessing a few of you (those that watch the youth internationals on digital telly) may recognise the name. I do and I vaguely remember him as being a good centre forward.

From what little information I've been able to find online he's listed as released (2005). And his last mention for the Wales U-19s was as a stand-by player back in July, and I'm guessing he's no longer being selected as he's just turned 20.

Another sad story of a player not quite making it? Surely someone will take him on in January. I can't see it being us, being as we have already Steve Davies and Chris Dagnall itching for first-team places, but it's such a shame to hear about a 20 year old with ability, and youth international experience that very few have, not having a club.

He HAD ability. You say you have little information so he may have followed a different career path and jacked in footy or he may even have just not progressed in the manor others expected and would rather do something else than play non leauge footy.

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
Yes, precisely why I've asked if anyone knows what's happened to him, was such a promising young player.