• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Saddlers v Rovers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Need to win this to maintain our slim play-off prospects. Lost here last season, contentious penalty and Chorley sending off. I guess Ronnie will play the same side as before. Personally would restore Taylor to left-back with Cresswell in front and move Charlie to the right.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yeah, really didnt enjoy last season's game. Let's hope we dont waste the points this season.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Need to win this to maintain our slim play-off prospects. Lost here last season, contentious penalty and Chorley sending off. I guess Ronnie will play the same side as before. Personally would restore Taylor to left-back with Cresswell in front and move Charlie to the right.

argee. can't see us winning this personally, 0-0 or 1-1 or something.

Player
Goodison
If we don't win we're buggered - simple as that really.

Hopefully Team will be:

Coyne

Shotton Chorley Goodison Taylor

Barnett Jennings Kay Creswell

Moore Savage

Subs:

Achterberg, Waterfall, Edds, Sonko, Curran

I think Sonko will play though and you never know he might have a good game as it's his former club [-o<

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Agreed, this is a MUST win, and looks like Ronnie agrees from his comments to the official site. A draw is no good, we need to keep the pressure on Scunny and a victory here is necessary else we kiss goodbye to the play off dream for yet another season.

Personally I can't stand Sonko, but if I recall he had a half decent game vs Walsall at Prenton and I'd pick him. He's still popular with their fans too so maybe they wouldn't mind him bagging a couple of goals against them! lol. Ryan Shotton will return which is a big plus and will give us a good attacking threat down the right hand side.

Team I'd select:
Coyne
Shotton, Chorley, Goodison, Cresswell
Sonko, Jennings, Kay, Barnett
Savage, Moore.

If you fancy a flutter on the game, Walsall @ 6/4, Draw @ 9/4 and Tranmere @ 7/5. Let's hope the sun shines, it's a good game, but most importantly that we come back with all 3 points. Come on Rovers!!!=D>

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Agree that the return of Shotton is a major boost - we aren't half going to miss him next year, like.

I'm tempted to lay Walsall as I genuinley don't think we'll lose, but they're trading @ 11/5 on betfair and every time I look at our away record I change my mind. Walsall are fairly strong at home, with 10 wins from from 19 games, but only 3 draws = 7 defeats - a record to suggest that there may be more value in laying the draw, especially given that this result is useless to both teams. We, on the other hand, have won 5, drawn 5, lost 10, but we're a different side now to the one that started the season quite poorly. And Walsall have nothing to play for. My head is about to explode. It will probably be 0-0 now.

Heart or head? I've been doing this long enough to know that the latter is more profitable :lol: but we'll see. I'll have a think...

Player
Liam Palmer
I'm surprised no-one has suggested playing Shotton wide right, keeping Edds at full back and punt Sonko. Shotton is outstanding going forward and we do need quality and goals tomorrow. Will we get those from Sonko? Edds is a more-than-capable right back, especially against moderate opposition like Wallsall.

A draw between Scunny and Uddersfield and we win tomorrow and we're sixth. A happy Easter indeed!

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Nice video there! And a great tackle by Eddsy! Playing to the camera surely! haha. Yeah agree he can most certainly do a job at right back and you may have a great shout there. Reckon Shotton could play further forward most definitely, he's great going forward and could play anywhere in my opinion, he's that good.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Huddersfield have just done us a favour, now it's up to us to do ourselves one and get 3 points to take us up to sixth tomorrow. Come on you whites! SWA \\:D/

lonerover

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Get in............Huddersfield win!!!!! 3 points tomorrow and we go two points clear in sixth place!!!! Down to us now....other people are doing all they can to help us......Ronnie Moore's barmy army!!!!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Yeah a good result, but Udders in much the same position as Walsall, nothing to play for except pride. There are no easy games in this league, up to Ronnie and the lads to capitalise on this at the Bescot.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
This is probably worthy of a new topic, but here's my small piece of evidence (filmed illegally by my daughter) that proves that Gareth Edds is a good right back:

http://www.qik.com/video/1395299

Ha ha! Happy Easter

Happy Easter to you too sir.

That can't be Eddsy, must be an imposter... :lol:

I'd rather not have Shotts in midfield/Edds right back personally. Shotton center mid might be ok but not on the wing, not for me. If you really don't like Sonko and don't agree with having Barnett/Cressa out wide I could understand calls for Bas to be put on the right flank, with Gornell/Moore up top.

Anyway, I reckon Sonko is a nailed on starter tomorrow, with Barnett on the left. Cressers left back, Taylor on the bench.

Come on Rovers, Scunny have slipped :-D

muhalo

Player
Pat Nevin
I sat following any game that had any relevance for us yesterday and things went well - Southend and Scunthorpe losing (even Millwall). All this gave me a sense of reckless optimism that's bound to be shattered today.

The thing about these teams with nothing left to play for though is that they're full of players looking to impress and get a new contract and a job next season. That could ruin Easter.

Player
Goodison
Come on Ronnie if your ever going to win a "Must Win" game start today please! [-o<[-o<[-o<

Status
Not open for further replies.