• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovres v Notlob

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I was very impressed with our performance last night. I thought we were the better side and were very unlucky to lose. Bolton's winner came in the 89th minute after we had made changes and had a very inexperienced side on the pitch, but for long periods we were the better team. The only negative was the ankle injury to Andy Cook, which hopefully is not serious.

Most players did well, but I was particularly impressed by Ridehalgh, Connor Jennings and Cook, who battered Bolton's centre backs for the time he was on the pitch. Jennings was played out wide in the first half and looked uncomfortable, but reverted to a central midfield role after half time and was excellent, dictating the play. Even Lois Maynard had a decent game in midfield. Confidence seems high among the players and they are working as a team, more so than twelve months ago.

Our goal was really well worked: good build-up play involving Steve Jennings and Stephenson and a fantastic ball by Ridehalgh which was really well attacked by (Connor) Jennings. I am sure Cook and Jennings will get plenty of goals for us. It was also noticeable that in the build-up Cook won an aerial battle to get us good possession high up the pitch, something we lacked last season.

Other than Cook's injury, the only negative was the performance of Stephenson, who did not impress me. I am not really sure what kind of player he is, or what he will offer us, but hopefully he will settle in time.

I am really looking forward to this season, which promises to be an exciting one.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Not seen any action pre season but this sounds quite positive. How are the fitness levels? I see GB wants the majority of players putting in 70 mins. I think Cook and C Jennings will make a big difference this season.