• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers Vs. Northampton

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
Morning Guys!

Apologies I've not been around much over the festive season. I always manage to start eating and drinking around mid December and end up recovering for way too long afterwards.

So back to Saturday. I'd like to say we'll get 3 points at home against a struggling side, but as they are struggling I'm not so sure. They've just managed to hold Yeovil to a scoreless draw and with a new boss at sixfields you just don't know.

But on our day we can really put a good scoreline up against this sort of opposition.

I'll go with 2-0 (Taylor & Shuker).

Anyone know of any injury worries?

Player
Johnny Morrissey
They're all important games from now on if we are to live the dream and finally get promoted back to where I believe we belong - The Championship. You HAVE to win your home games and so this one is really important to bag 3 points, with the added bonus that the other teams are in the cup so we go up to 5th with a win.

Apart from the goalkeeping crisis, we're full strength in all areas. Would be nice to see the fringe players try and really stake a claim if they came on from the bench, if required, as we seem to have a good first 11 and not much after that, proved by Ronnie only using 18 players this season - including 3 goalkeepers!

We really need a win so get on down to PP and lets create a good atmosphere to help the lads get them points! SWA!=D>

M

Matthew The Rover

These are no muggs away from home, just two defeats in 12 along with six draws and four wins in the league so they will be difficult to beat.

Tranmere 2-0 Northampton

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
It could another close score wise like Rotherham. I'd like to think we will to beat them but you just don't know at the moment. Typical that they appoint their new manager just before they play us... that probably means they will beat us! I hope not though and really we should be able to cope with them. Possibility of seeing Sam Aiston back at Prenton Park tomorrow.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Ohh, we simply have to beat Northampton if we have ambitions of leaving this division at all.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Apart from the goalkeeping crisis, we're full strength in all areas. Would be nice to see the fringe players try and really stake a claim if they came on from the bench, if required, as we seem to have a good first 11 and not much after that, proved by Ronnie only using 18 players this season - including 3 goalkeepers!

It would be nice to see the fringe players given a few more opportunities, especially when players are tiring or ineffective in games. Use the subs more, Ronnie!

Agree with the other comments, this is a must win game.

jim

It would be nice to see the fringe players given a few more opportunities, especially when players are tiring or ineffective in games. Use the subs more, Ronnie!

Definitely agree with this. For example Taylor isn't effective for 90 minutes, he looked half dead in the 2nd half of the last game - he needs subbing after about 60 for some fresh legs such as Calvin Zola who will create problems for tired defenders at that stage. One sub I was pleased not to see in the last game was Ellison! I'd rather have a 1 legged dog on the wing.

Must win today and I'd like to see a cleansheet at home. This is only going to happen if the lads remember that a match lasts for 90 minutes and itsn't over once you're ahead.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Unchanged from the Rotherham match...

Team:
Hart, Stockdale, Goodison, McCready, Sherriff, Shuker, McLaren, Mullin, Davies, Greenacre, Taylor.

Subs:
Ward, Tremarco, Harrison, Ellison, Zola.

No Aiston in the team for them. Come on Rovers!!

Status
Not open for further replies.