• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Woking

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I don't think GB knows his players too well if he thinks Stockton can play as the lone target man.

In fairness, I think Brabin's knowledge of the players he has signed and Conference players generally is as good as most managers at this level, but I agree he has misread Stockton if he thinks he can play that role.

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
After it taking me 4 HOURS to get to the game from Coventry I was hoping at least for a good result if not a good performance. Agree with most of what's been said but I'm not sure Woking were quite as good as some were saying. If they're one of the better teams in this division then we should make the play-offs comfortably.

One or two players who looked very average last season stood out against lower league opposition, Ridehalgh had a good game and Jenno was involved in a lot of the moves. They should do well at this level. It looks like we're going to rely on the wingers more this year, maybe out of necessity as we never really looked like being able to break Woking down by playing through the middle.

I also thought the new keeper looked decent, came for a few crosses and was giving the back 4 a bollocking early on. Also good to see the ball being played out from the back or thrown in to feet rather than lumping it forward.

Real buzz around PP and a great sense of relief from the fans and players when the goal went in. I think the players celebrations tells us a bit about the team spirit that's starting to build.

Still work to do, but great to get 3 points on the board at last. Gateshead on Tuesday night should be interesting.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I've just realised that the attendance was bigger than all last season's NL gates apart from Bristol Rovers v Grimsby Town.