• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Shrimps

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I have read various reports referring to crowd trouble outside the Cowshed Stand on Saturday and sadly can confirm that the reports have substance. There was a confrontation between 20-30 morons form the Town Paddock and an element of the Morecambe support. A number of fans, including the very young and old, were caught up in the incident and the response of the stewards and police was inadequate.

I think we have all noticed the group of cretins who have congregated in the Paddock in the last couple of seasons and I think it is time the club acted to issue banning orders to these individuals, rather than sweeping the issue under the carpet as they are at the moment. I could not determine who the initial aggressors were on Saturday, and the Morecambe element did not appear blameless, but I think the club has to act against these individuals who seem to think our relegation is a good excuse for turning the clock back to the 1980s.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yeah, I saw a bit of that too as I was walking past. There were one or two Morecambe supporters standing by the exit shouting the odds and there was a group of ours also giving some back. There was one policeman in-between them. It seemed to have passed but then a few paces forward, I looked behind and a group of our supporters had piled into the exit. Not sure what happened from this point. Glad I didn't take my little one with me. Sad times..