• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Notts County

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Last season saw a near-capacity free admission crowd watch Notts County under win-at-all-costs Martin Allen do just that, with a penalty awarded for a push by Zoum. The trip to Meadow Lane this season was feisty too, two red cards for Rovers and a last-minute penalty giving County a 3-2 win. Neither manager from that night remains and the surprising appointment of Keith Curle, whose previous record was fairly ordinary, has yielded a sequence of wins for our opponents.

I doubt that we will have made a managerial appointment by Tuesday, even if we have, it is likely the remaining back-room staff will be responsible for team selection. When John McMahon had his three games as caretaker previously, he brought Danny Harrison back in from the cold and his cross led to a goal in the win against Wycombe. So we might see something of Joss, Lucas & Max if those guys are fit, particularly with Devaney & McGurk picking up injuries likely to rule them out.

Tactically, it is unlikely there will be any major surprises. Some of the players who felt comfortable under Les may have to pull their thumb out and work harder now, given so many are out of contract in the summer.

Prediction: Can't see a significant change in crowd size. The visitors may bring around 300, given they're doing well, in an overall figure of around 4.3k.
I actually felt we might have got something out of this one with Les still in charge(which is not the same as saying he should be), but feel that County on a good run will exploit our disarray and win comfortably.

WildRover

Player
Kevin Gray (ha!)
With Ronnie's appointment, I have a 2-0 win NAILED firmly on this one now, come on King Ronnie, sort this mob out!

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I am just (hopefully) looking forward to seeing 2 up front at home !!

I'm not getting hopes up though - Ronnie will have a tough job getting confidence up plus we're up against an inform Notts side in the play offs.

Lets be positive though and hopefully there will be a decent atmosphere.

Rob

Player
Clint Hill
We are capable of beating them thats for sure.

Most importantly I want to see some proper tactics, a proper formation and players who have been kicked hard enough up the backside to actually look like they are interested.

The performance shown for us travelling fans at Oldham and Chesterfield was disgusting and the players need to make amends for it.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
They are on a good run 4 wins on the bounce with the new manager will be very hard 1 1

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Bad news on the injury front with both Devaney and McGurk out for a month. With those two missing it will be difficult for Ronnie to play his favoured 4-4-2, but I would imagine we will start with Akins on the right and Robinson on the left, Brunt and Enoch up front.

A very difficult game, as Notts are the form team in the division and under normal circumstances a draw would be a good result. Whatever happens tomorrow, I think we need to win two of the three home games coming up to be confident of survival.

Player
Liam Palmer
Bloody injuries, our curse strikes again. Zoom's available wide left I suppose. It will be interesting to see who Ronnie plays. I suppose emergency loans are still an option, provided there's any dosh to finance it!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
It will be interesting to see how Ronnie sets up, given our depleted resources. A Showumni/Brunt pairing up front seems fairly similar and normally Akins might be drafted in, probably at the expense of Brunt. However with both Devaney and McGurk out injured, Lucas will be needed out wide.

A couple of other pointers. Danny Holmes has been one of our better players recently, yet RM didn't seem to rate him at all when last in charge. I would be gutted if Kay replaced him, assuming Raven isn't ready yet. It will also be interesting to see if the change of management shakes Welsh out of recent complacency, he can no longer feel certain of automatic selection and might pull his finger out.

I still think we will lose, but narrowly.

DIW

Player
Goodison
Not missed a home game since the opening day of the season so a bit cheesed off I am missing this one. Going to be difficult, and I would be happy for a change in the style of play and a draw.

The next two games after that we need to win at least one of them.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Selection headache for Ronnie with three key players out. Still not sure Robinson and Enoch are fully fit and sharp enough to really make an impact, but with a smaller squad to choose from, Ronnie may have no choice but to play them.

I'm looking forward to seeing a different style of play, just with wingers and bodies in the box. Going to be a very tough game, buy the players must start believing. Before Les went, he said the players were very low in confidence. I just hope Ronnie can give them the spark they need.

All we can ask for is 100% effort from them all and who knows. Even a draw would be OK as long as we get something from the other home games. A win would really give everyone a boost.

Fingers crossed. SWA!!!

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
A draw would be a good result

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
No it would,nt ..1 point and we drop into the bottom /arse end 4

how,s that good ?
:-k

Good luck Ronnie ...all the best !

They have won taken 15 points from their last 6 games, we have taken 3. A draw would obviously be a good result. We can't just randomly expect to win every game.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Agree a draw would be good. Feeling rubbish, so not at PP, hope the lads can make me feel better. Given the injuries, Ronnie has little room for manoeuvre, but Lucas Akins recalled.

Status
Not open for further replies.