• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Maidstone United

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Norwood should have done better with a one-on-one to make the game safe
He's had a few of them already this season and should be putting them away.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Norwood was like that last season. He could have easily got over 25 goals if he'd put all or most of his one on ones away. I was surprised he missed it though given he'd put a similar one away to win the Eastleigh match - I fully expected a dink or him to slot it past instead of going round the keeper. Thankfully it didn't matter although when he was taken off you could see he looked upset about it - probably thinking it could cost us. GBs diving whale impression lightened the mood though!

Agree with all of what has been said about the match. Maynard impressed again and Big Mac for his contributions at both ends edges my m.o.m award.

The substitution was an interesting one. Most people around me, similar to the Eastleigh game, wanted Mekki or Stephenson on. On comes Kirby like he did against Eastleigh, with the score line 1-1, and we end up winning the game. I don't recall Jake doing anything great in particular but perhaps he stretched their defence when they were getting tired. You have to give credit to GB though as he's only been on 15-20 mins and in both games we've got a winning goal.

Connor Jennings once again at times looked wasted to me out wide and a frustrated figure. No pace and tired towards the end, although he did supply the pass for Cook's goal. He is still obviously a talented player however and, as with the Eastleigh match, we shouldn't nit pick when we've won 5 out of 5.

If we had been winning comfortably it would have been nice to have seen Stephenson on, but then again GB probably thought we had a week until the Southport game for recovery. On we go with our next 2 games against sides in the bottom 3. Southport have been leaking goals so surely with our attacking threat we'll win it comfortably.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
He's had a few of them already this season and should be putting them away.
To be fair, if Nors put them all away he'd be playing in the Premier League. He is a fast, hard working player who is one of the best strikers in the NL, but his chance conversion rate is probably preventing a move to a higher division.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Fair point.